+ Reply to Thread

Thread: problem with buttons..

RBW Member offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro's Avatar
    rEvo, FGT, Boris

Meg

problem with buttons..

Hi,

the past few dives I have had a problem with my primary hanset.. The menu button had a bad response and I had to push the button 10-20 times to enter the menu, so changing the setpoint was a pain in the ass... The setpoint was finally set to 0,7 and dived manually on high setpoint

Last night i cleaned and switched place on the menu and confirm butten and now everything is working perfect!

Is this a common problem with the handset on the Meg?

mats

RBW Member tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining's Avatar
    Hammerhead, SF2, Megalodon, JJ

Boris, Sentinel, Inspiration,

Re: problem with buttons..

Quote Originally Posted by offpro  View Original Post
    Hi,

the past few dives I have had a problem with my primary hanset.. The menu button had a bad response and I had to push the button 10-20 times to enter the menu, so changing the setpoint was a pain in the ass... The setpoint was finally set to 0,7 and dived manually on high setpoint

Last night i cleaned and switched place on the menu and confirm butten and now everything is working perfect!

Is this a common problem with the handset on the Meg?

mats
    Yes its quite common, as most do not get in and clean the button well when rinsing the handsets and the magnets rust, what you have done is a quick fix but maybe get a couple of spares from ISC as it might give you some jip later on the switched button.

In search of Law breaking Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw's Avatar
    Meggy Meg...

Got the best one from day 1...

i've seen this happen and i suggest you try to "turn" the button half way around and then it would work. its a matter of the magnet not "connecting" well.

try to turn the button half way and try again untill you get it done.

let me know if this works.

Thanks

Spyros

RBW Member Padipro has a spectacular aura about Padipro has a spectacular aura about Padipro has a spectacular aura about Padipro has a spectacular aura about Padipro has a spectacular aura about Padipro has a spectacular aura about Padipro's Avatar
    AP EVO

Megalodon

I have always soked the handsets in a bucket of fresh water over night after a dive and I have never had a problem with the buttons. As others have said the magnets rust in salt water and do not make good contact with the internal reed switch.

In search of Law breaking Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw's Avatar
    Meggy Meg...

Got the best one from day 1...

Quote Originally Posted by Padipro  View Original Post
    I have always soked the handsets in a bucket of fresh water over night after a dive and I have never had a problem with the buttons. As others have said the magnets rust in salt water and do not make good contact with the internal reed switch.

yes, same here. i dont leave it over night, but put it in water for a while...

+ Reply to Thread