+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Decongestants

Confectioner to N@90 Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou's Avatar

Re: Decongestants

Quote Originally Posted by Barrie Law
    Barrie

Was just thinking about these masks; I've been hampered by a pretty nasty ear infection for the last couple of months. I'm off to the Doctors for a course of antibiotics and a check up. But was just wondering if the Pro-Ear might be an idea to help prevent further infection.

My main problem at the moment is getting to 3m and having a searing pain run straight through and not being able to equalise

Just wondered what your overall view of the mask was? For equalization and ear problems in general? I am looking into getting one for when I get back in the water :)

Cheers

Curmudgeon babar is a jewel in the rough babar is a jewel in the rough babar is a jewel in the rough babar is a jewel in the rough babar is a jewel in the rough babar is a jewel in the rough babar is a jewel in the rough babar is a jewel in the rough babar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dteubner
    If on the other hand, the anecdotal evidence agrees with your pet theory then you use the following table.

If you've seen it once......................................."In my experience"
    Twice............................................. ................."In my series"
    Three times............................................. ........"Time after time after time"

Dave T
    Absolutely right, the other part of the code is that it's never "my" or "me." It's always "we" or "our."

"In OUR case series, WE reported..."

Custom Title Allowed! Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Louby Lou
    Barrie

Was just thinking about these masks; I've been hampered by a pretty nasty ear infection for the last couple of months. I'm off to the Doctors for a course of antibiotics and a check up. But was just wondering if the Pro-Ear might be an idea to help prevent further infection.

My main problem at the moment is getting to 3m and having a searing pain run straight through and not being able to equalise

Just wondered what your overall view of the mask was? For equalization and ear problems in general? I am looking into getting one for when I get back in the water :)

Cheers
    Lou,
    I would give it a try, as I mentioned in my previous post they are very good for people with problems equalising that includes most of us at one time or another.
    The Proear looks a bit naf and takes a bit of fiddling with, when kitting up but it works well, I have 2 other masks with me during the dive but have not needed them.
    There is no sensation of clearing that you would notice with the standard mask and they are simple enough to clear if needs be.
    I'm sure someone will have the Proear with them at the Dive show you should go HAGGLE
    I have a low volume DiveSystem frameless Mask I could show you that is very good for a backup.

Cheers

Flaccid Member abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie's Avatar
    Dammit I bought another KISS

CK, SK, Satori, ManBagOD

Talking Re: Decongestants

Quote Originally Posted by Barrie Law
    The Proear looks a bit naf
    Cheers
    There's nothing naf about looking like Princess Lea...honestly!

In theory the ProEar should solve problems with ear equalisation by "bypassing" the Eustacean tube and keeping the pressure differential the same on both sides of the eardrum.

In addition it ought to keep the external ear canal dry which ought to help those prone to external ear ear infections.

The Pro Ear won't help you equalise your sinuses.

Confectioner to N@90 Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by abowie
    There's nothing naf about looking like Princess Lea...honestly!
    Well in that case it's sold to me ;)

In addition it ought to keep the external ear canal dry which ought to help those prone to external ear ear infections.
    Nice exactly what I'm looking for it; anything to help stop my ear infections which seem to have taken hold of this year... am putting it down to no warm water diving for 12 months ;)

The Pro Ear won't help you equalise your sinuses.
    This should be ok, its not my sinuses that are affected :)

Barry... err just a quick question without being rude... how do you think the mask would fair for someone with quite long hair :)

All in all, think I will have a mooch at the Show and find a couple to try on :D

Banned FishFinger is an unknown quantity at this point FishFinger's Avatar

Exclamation My Sinus problems

I wrote an article about this but basically the shortened version:

- Bleeding from nose post dive after reaching increasing depth and pressure. This was basically unspeakable congealed bleeding.
    - Family history of problems, affects father and brother who are both divers.
    - Found equalization painful (I mean horrendously painful)

- After problems became acute contacted GP who Diagnosed Nasal Polyps. These cause irritation especially when diving. They are the main source of irritation, main source of congestion.

Info on Nasal Polyps from respected medical journal: http://www.mayoclinic.com/invoke.cfm?id=DS00498

- Went to see ENT, who CT scanned my face and discovered that I also had a deviated Septum (Worst he had seen in years). Seems that the shape of my nose may have lead to the Polyps in nasal cavities.

- Had Polyps removed and Septum Reshaped (fu*king painful).

Upshot, don't have the problems to the same degree as before, I can now treat the symptons with Steriod Nasal sprays (if symptons flare up). Equalization is not a problem and I only suffer from a bit of congestion.

If you get the Polyps removed, they will come back if the source of the problem or Nasal sprays are not used to control the growth of Polyps.

I am not a Doctor but have spent much time and effort on resolving the problems, which have seemed to work.

Alan

New Member Steve S is an unknown quantity at this point Steve S's Avatar

Hi Stuart,

try this from Beaver www.beaversports.co.uk it works for me -

Equaleze is a natural, non-medicated solution containing pure saline. It aids nasal decongestion, helps in equalisation and moisturises dry nasal linings without causing burning, stinging or irritation. Equalize helps relieve pressure discomfort and aids in equalisation by rapidly clearing blocked nasal passages, thereby allowing you to equalise the pressure on either side of the ear drum far more easily. Equaleze does not contain any drugs and is safe for sports use as well as by children. Ideal for divers and air travelers. Conveniently supplied in a 30 ml custom styled applicator.
    30ml Bottle

EQUALEZE NASAL SPRAY
    £4.99

HTH

Safe diving,
    Steve

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4