+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Flow stop?

RBW Member diversgr2001 is an unknown quantity at this point diversgr2001's Avatar
    INSPIRATION Vision

MARK 15

Flow stop?

Hello all
    Flow stop for inspiration dangerous yes or not?
    Diversgr2001

Stéphane Acounis Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane's Avatar
    rEvo3 rMS

rEvo2 HH, rEvo1

Re: Flow stop?

Well, maybe ...

Sic Semper Tyrannis NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by diversgr2001  View Original Post
    Hello all
    Diversgr2001
    I am assuming you are talking about this for the ADV?

If so, get it! It is one extra safety device and it is short money.

Steve Sprague 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster's Avatar
    rEvo

Dolphin

I am not an Inspiration owner, sorry for the dumb question:

Not knowing what a Flow Stop is, I did quick search which revealed that it is mounted on the ADV. What is its purpose? I can guess, but real information would be more enlightening. Thanks.

RBW Member nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh's Avatar

Now it makes some sense. Sorry but you had us mystified for a bit.

The ADV is a bit vulnerable and can dump gas into your loop. Also for some bailout drills you really want it out of play. A flow stop is a compact 'in line' valve to do this.

I have a second one on a regulator attached the pure oxygen. The idea is that if anybody grabs it it won't work unless I want it to.

RBW Member toe will become famous soon enough toe will become famous soon enough toe will become famous soon enough toe will become famous soon enough toe's Avatar
    rEvo 111 hybrid

Vision Inspo,Evo+, classic

Quote Originally Posted by nigelh  View Original Post

The ADV is a bit vulnerable and can dump gas into your loop. Also for some bailout drills you really want it out of play. A flow stop is a compact 'in line' valve to do this.

I have a second one on a regulator attached the pure oxygen. The idea is that if anybody grabs it it won't work unless I want it to.

Also if you get freeflow you wont loss all your 02 through your o2 reg.

RBW Member diversgr2001 is an unknown quantity at this point diversgr2001's Avatar
    INSPIRATION Vision

MARK 15

diversgr2001 Hello all
    Diversgr2001
    [/quote]
    Is very soft in the 50 metres depth somewhere struck to also me closed air suddenly
    It would be supposed it is harder to have additional safety.

RBW Member nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by toe  View Original Post
    Also if you get freeflow you wont loss all your 02 through your o2 reg.
    I've seen this back in the days when regs on the O2 were commonplace.

Conversely you get hate mail from Apeks technicians who have to service the poor thing after it's been repeatedly dived to over 50m unpressurised.

Steve Sprague 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster's Avatar
    rEvo

Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by nigelh  View Original Post

Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread