+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trip Report: Doc Demilly Wreck and Ultra Freeze Wreck, Miami, Florida 04/19/2008

Moderator ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami's Avatar

Trip Report: Doc Demilly Wreck and Ultra Freeze Wreck, Miami, Florida 04/19/2008

Sorry, no pics to show. However, we did have a pretty fantastic set of dives on the Doc Demily and then the Ultra Freeze this past Saturday.

Normally, there are eagle rays circling the Doc. However, on this trip, they were not seen. Instead (and this could be the reason they were absent), two six foot bull sharks were circling just off of the wreck during the entire dive, sometimes coming withing 20 feet of us. Visibility was at least 70 feet, and there was a complete absence of current during this first dive. One of our best Doc runs yet!

After, we moved to the Ultra Freeze, where the current picked up a bit and the visibility dropped just a bit, too. Nonetheless, we still had two spectacular dives on our trip.

Underwater Paparazzi sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver's Avatar
    Dive Rite Optima

Re: Trip Report: Doc Demilly Wreck and Ultra Freeze Wreck, Miami, Florida 04/19/2008

I'm glad to hear you had a good dive on the Doc De Milly - I love that wreck!

It's kind of unusual to catch it without any current. Come to think of it, we were diving the Duane at the same time on Saturday afternoon and we also had no current - Now what are the odds on catching both the Doc and the Duane with no current - Sounds like a great day all around!

It's a shame you had no official Florida S.C.R.U.B.'s photographers with you, because I would have loved to have seen some pics of the Doc De Milly and its Bull Sharks in action. We definitely need more photographers within our group; otherwise, I'm just going to have to do a lot more diving and take up the slack - OK OK! You twisted my arm enough - I volunteer!!!:D

+ Reply to Thread