+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What's Does Florida S.C.R.U.B. Stand For?

Underwater Paparazzi sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver's Avatar
    Dive Rite Optima

What's Does Florida S.C.R.U.B. Stand For?

As most of you that are regulars on Rebreather World may already know, I'm a member of the Florida S.C.R.U.B.'s Group which actively organizes dives in South Florida. I'm also one of several members who is pretty active within the group and I like to post trip reports with lots of pictures so the whole Rebreather World diving community can share in the wonderful warm water diving experience we're so fortunate to have here in South Florida.

Recently, while on a local dive trip in the Keys, I had a few divers come up to me and ask me what the "S.C.R.U.B." in Florida S.C.R.U.B.'s represented. You would think that, as a pretty active member, I would know. However, even though in past, I have seen what it actually represented, for the life of me, I didn't remember what it meant!

Well, I figured I'd look it up and post in here online, because if I could not remember it, I suspect that there are many other divers who either can't remember either or never knew in the first place.

Fortunately, our fearless leader, Howard (A.K.A. ScubaDadMiami) was kind enough to post a permanent sticky containing the groups mission statement, which yes, includes the official meaning for the abbreviation "S.C.R.U.B."

http://www.rebreatherworld.com/showthread.php?t=12146

For the record, here's what it officially stands for:

South Coast Rebreather Underwater Bounders

BTW, I wrote it in red, because so many of our member use Optimas, which happen to be adorned in red, that I felt it would be appropriate. Plus, for those of you that have actually recently dove with me, you know I kind of have a thing for red equipment!:D

Stéphane Acounis Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane's Avatar
    rEvo3 rMS

rEvo2 HH, rEvo1

Re: What's Does Florida S.C.R.U.B.S. Stand For?

Quote Originally Posted by sfldiver  View Original Post
    BTW, I wrote it in red, because so many of our member use Optimas, which happen to be adorned in red, that I felt it would be appropriate. Plus, for those of you that have actually recently dove with me, you know I kind of have a thing for red equipment!:D
    Oh, I thought you were a commie ...

Sorry.

Monkey Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts's Avatar
    KISS

Optima, Megalodon, KISS, rEvo

Adrian, you must get super bored at work.

I thought it stood for "Scrotum Cuppers Radiate Unbelievable Bull Sh**."
    Last edited by Tienuts; 22nd April 2008 at 21:18.

My unit can beat up yours JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97's Avatar
    Optima

Quote Originally Posted by Tienuts  View Original Post
    Adrian, you must get super bored at work.

I thought it stood for "Scrotum Cuppers Radiate Unbelievable Bull Sh**."
    I always thought that it stood for whatever each person wants it to stand for Sigmund, oh I mean Tony ... :D

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

Re: What's Does Florida S.C.R.U.B. Stand For?

Thought it stood for ScubaDadMiami's Crazy Rrebreather Using Buddies ...

Tim Owens netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage's Avatar

Re: What's Does Florida S.C.R.U.B. Stand For?

My vote was for SouTh Florida Underwater

+ Reply to Thread