+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cave diving buddy Florida

RBW Member sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330's Avatar
    Who cares

A few

Cave diving buddy Florida

I just about exhausted all my contacts in search for a cave diving buddy for my trip to Florida in May. I'm going to be there from 17th - 24th of May and I'm looking for a buddy. I'm thinking of diving Peacock (if its open), Little River, Madison Blue, Cow (if I can get a membership), Ginnie, and Eagles Nest. Planning on at least two dives a day unless we end up doing some very long profiles or deep stuff.

Anyone interested?

Scott

Sorta New Member w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley's Avatar
    JM Hammerhead

ISC Hammer-MEG

Re: Cave diving buddy Florida

Scott:

Two of us are going to be in that vacinity from the 17th thru the 21st of May, although we might stay longer now that our trip this week was scratched due to high water. We had planned on seeing how my HH with larger tanks worked this trip, so as to get everthing worked out for the May trip. So, some time at the beginning of the May trip will have to be devoted to that.

We will be staying at the Dive Outpost and our major thrust for the May trip will be to head upstream past the Well some 5,000+ feet at Madison using mid-tube Silent Submersions (we're on a research permit which allows us to use scooters in Madison). We've been up that way several times before swimming and with our smaller tubed SSs, but not using the bigger batteries.

We did the circuit at Madison last year (upstream, thru Rocky Horror, downstream to the Crossunder and back out) so that could be a possiblity again on the upcoming trip. We would have to proof it for you, of course. A little messy but it could work for a team of 3. Just a lot of driving from Dive Outpost to Madison each day and back. We probably have enough stage/BO bottles for all three of us.

Warm up work at Peacock and maybe a dive in Cow. Hopefully the water will be down by then. I'll be on a Rebreather and my buddy on OC.

At least now you know some folks who will be there at the same time diving some of the spots you've mentioned. Might be able to connect on a few dives, or at least share some transportation.

Regards,

Bill

RBW Member sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330's Avatar
    Who cares

A few

Quote Originally Posted by w ripley  View Original Post
    Scott:

Two of us are going to be in that vacinity from the 17th thru the 21st of May, although we might stay longer now that our trip this week was scratched due to high water. We had planned on seeing how my HH with larger tanks worked this trip, so as to get everthing worked out for the May trip. So, some time at the beginning of the May trip will have to be devoted to that.

We will be staying at the Dive Outpost and our major thrust for the May trip will be to head upstream past the Well some 5,000+ feet at Madison using mid-tube Silent Submersions (we're on a research permit which allows us to use scooters in Madison). We've been up that way several times before swimming and with our smaller tubed SSs, but not using the bigger batteries.

We did the circuit at Madison last year (upstream, thru Rocky Horror, downstream to the Crossunder and back out) so that could be a possiblity again on the upcoming trip. We would have to proof it for you, of course. A little messy but it could work for a team of 3. Just a lot of driving from Dive Outpost to Madison each day and back. We probably have enough stage/BO bottles for all three of us.

Warm up work at Peacock and maybe a dive in Cow. Hopefully the water will be down by then. I'll be on a Rebreather and my buddy on OC.

At least now you know some folks who will be there at the same time diving some of the spots you've mentioned. Might be able to connect on a few dives, or at least share some transportation.

Regards,

Bill
    Well I'm into the work up dives it you don't mind me coming along. As far as the 5000+ ft in Madison I probably have to pass as I don't have or even know how to use a scooter, more than willing to swim it it that's what you guys want to do.

Not sure where I'm going to stay as of yet. I was also thinking the dive outpost for a couple days and probably a few in a hotel.

I'll be diving a Meg with radial scrubber. I'll have to rent cylinders when I get there.

Johnny The Hatch Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad's Avatar
    CCR2000, Megalodon, Homebuilt

Norge, FGT, mk15, KISS, Inspo

I'll be in FL during the same dates. Unfortunatelly my cave course could not be done as planed so i do not have any plans. But i am not cave certified so i dont think i will be able to dive with you guys.

/Jonny

Sorta New Member w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley's Avatar
    JM Hammerhead

ISC Hammer-MEG

For all of the things that the Dive Outpost lacks in creature comforts it makes up for in excellent porches with plenty of gear drying out space + Cathy is a hoot of a host. Love her campfire meals, if we're lucky enough to hit on one.

I'm going to PM you my email address and we can continue seeing how things work out.

Regards,

Bill

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Gee Scott, when did you start cave diving with a buddy?
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

Who cares

A few

Quote Originally Posted by wedivebc  View Original Post
    Gee Scott, when did you start cave diving with a buddy?
    I need a buddy for some of the sites I want to dive. Plus its always good to share the dive with someone. I'll probably end up doing a few solo dive though.

Moderator ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami's Avatar

I will be arriving at Marianna on May 23 for the NSS-CDS Workshop. I plan on doing some dives after the Workshop is over. If you will still be in town at that time, maybe we can meet up then.

+ Reply to Thread