+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Learning about rebreathers

New Member diver55 is an unknown quantity at this point diver55's Avatar

Learning about rebreathers

Hello
    My son and I have taken an interest in rebreathers and purchased a Dolphin to learn on. We always attempt to get as much info as possible before actually using any new products added to our dive gear. Our dive shop has multiple rebreather divers, and this site seems to have a wealth of info. We will be scheduling our classes and in the mean time keep gathering additional materials. We live in Pittsburgh, PA and dive in multiple locations both fresh and saltwater. I am a MSDT and my son is a Master Diver. I look forward to tapping into the knowledge here. Safe Diving.

Mark Hilley firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver's Avatar
    Kiss Sport

Dolphin, Ray, Homebuild

Re: Learning about rebreathers

Welcome to the site. There is a wealth of info here. As a fellow Dolphin diver I have gotten a tremendous amount of info just from reading the posts on RBW. Most folks on here are very happy to help with any questions or problems. If I can help just give me a PM. Thanks, FD:D

New Member former is an unknown quantity at this point former's Avatar

hi I am looking for answers...what to choose ouroboro or megalodon.
    i did dive alone mixing my own trimix and using deep air extensively.padi open, then cmas level 2 then nitrox and now certifying for master scubadiver as well as tdi trimix with tunisia's only serious diving center.

have my own bi 12l and bi 15l bottles, own compressor and contract with air liquide oxygene and helium. i did plenty of deep dives alone.wrecks and coral.
    record at 108meters...

all this is nice, but once u reach more than 2 hours of deco u start looking at serious alternatives.

woulmd there be someone serious in recylers business advise me about the best in terms of quality ccr between the 2 options above mentionned to make the right choice.i want to learn how to maintain my equipment properly alone.

If someone want to make exceptionnal dives in tunisia...contact me...wrecks 2nd world war... i make my own movies:)

Markku Diedrich Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure's Avatar
    Megalodon Apeks 2.5

Classic Inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by diver55  View Original Post
    Hello
    My son and I have taken an interest in rebreathers and purchased a Dolphin to learn on. We always attempt to get as much info as possible before actually using any new products added to our dive gear. Our dive shop has multiple rebreather divers, and this site seems to have a wealth of info. We will be scheduling our classes and in the mean time keep gathering additional materials. We live in Pittsburgh, PA and dive in multiple locations both fresh and saltwater. I am a MSDT and my son is a Master Diver. I look forward to tapping into the knowledge here. Safe Diving.
    Welcome here and a lot of fun. Wrote all your questions, and you get many answers.

Markku Diedrich Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure's Avatar
    Megalodon Apeks 2.5

Classic Inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by former  View Original Post
    i did dive alone mixing my own trimix and using deep air extensively.padi open, then cmas level 2 then nitrox and now certifying for master scubadiver as well as tdi trimix with tunisia's only serious diving center.

have my own bi 12l and bi 15l bottles, own compressor and contract with air liquide oxygene and helium. i did plenty of deep dives alone.wrecks and coral.
    record at 108meters...

all this is nice, but once u reach more than 2 hours of deco u start looking at serious alternatives.

woulmd there be someone serious in recylers business advise me about the best in terms of quality ccr between the 2 options above mentionned to make the right choice.i want to learn how to maintain my equipment properly alone.

If someone want to make exceptionnal dives in tunisia...contact me...wrecks 2nd world war... i make my own movies:)
    For me the Meg is a solid build unit. Easy to use and not so expensiv like the boris. The boris is very sophisticated, with deco computer, tank data,....
    The Meg have a solid electronic and an easy to interpret HUD.
    Read all you can in the rebreather Foruns and wrote your questions to experience Meg Divers ( Outlaw, Cedric Verdier, and many other) and experience Boris Divers (Decodiver, Dr Mike Gadd ) and read the Manualls.

RBW Member Selim Baccar is an unknown quantity at this point Selim Baccar's Avatar
    Inspiration vision

Quote Originally Posted by former  View Original Post

record at 108meters...

Hi Karim found what u where looking for?

Pucks & sharks! hroark2112 is an unknown quantity at this point hroark2112's Avatar
    Kiss Spirit LTE

Kiss Sport, DiveRite O2ptima

Quote Originally Posted by Selim Baccar  View Original Post
    Hi Karim found what u where looking for?
    After 6 years, I'd hope so!!

+ Reply to Thread