+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Video: Khao Sok Temple Cave (as seen here on photos)

RBW Member tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining's Avatar
    Hammerhead, SF2, Megalodon, JJ

Boris, Sentinel, Inspiration,

Re: Video: Khao Sok Temple Cave (as seen here on photos)

Quote Originally Posted by andibk  View Original Post
    I have a map of before and after the dams were built pin pointing the location of a couple buddha temples, school and hotel are located. This map is of a lake north of Bangkok. Fred and I were up there once but did not have any luck. The depth where the temples is suppose to be around 120 meters of depth. I am going to try to get some gps numbers matched to the maps to help locate these temples. IT is a real nice trip were we rent a large raft and have it towed out to the sight with a long tail boat. We slept and dove from the raft. Great time.

andibk
    I think the chance of locating these temples if they exits is as good as me getting down and dirty with Angelina Jolie:D

and I'm yet to find any were in the lake thats deeper than 90m with our sounder and thats over 8 visits minimum four days each time, I know the lakes big but I do not think its that deep.

I do agree it a real gem of a place to stay, relax and dive.

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

I have a map of before and after the dams were built pin pointing the location of a couple buddha temples, school and hotel are located. This map is of a lake north of Bangkok. Fred and I were up there once but did not have any luck. The depth where the temples is suppose to be around 120 meters of depth. I am going to try to get some gps numbers matched to the maps to help locate these temples. IT is a real nice trip were we rent a large raft and have it towed out to the sight with a long tail boat. We slept and dove from the raft. Great time.

andibk
    You might want to talk to Andy Fritz about that, a friend of mine said he did a dive like that with Andy a couple of years ago.
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

ANDI IT #47 andibk will become famous soon enough andibk will become famous soon enough andibk will become famous soon enough andibk's Avatar
    Hammerhead, Optima and Nautilu

Hammerhead, Inspiration, Kiss

Matt
    As mentioned in the post the maps I have are of a lake north of Bangkok. I have been down to 100 meters myself in this lake and measured the area that would be around 120 meters. I think the name of this lake is Sri Narkin or something to that affect.

Bruce

RBW Member tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining's Avatar

Matt
    As mentioned in the post the maps I have are of a lake north of Bangkok. I have been down to 100 meters myself in this lake and measured the area that would be around 120 meters. I think the name of this lake is Sri Narkin or something to that affect.

Bruce
    I do remember cedric talking about a trip looking for these temples and the local was drawing illustration's highlighting the position of the temple next to on old river and suggesting you look for that, now thats funny:p

[quote=Erik;181360]
    The local hardcore stuff is Song Hong and Sra Keow (of which I have decent video material on both and may post if I get some time to do the video editing)...quote]

Myself, Ben & Mike will be back at Song Hong in July for another push If you fancy joining us I believe theirs another caver from the UK joining us to, should be a challenging weeks diving.

Retired Instructor Erik is an unknown quantity at this point Erik's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

rEvo,Inspo,Evo,Kiss,Meg,IDA

Quote Originally Posted by tecdivertraining  View Original Post
    Myself, Ben & Mike will be back at Song Hong in July for another push If you fancy joining us I believe theirs another caver from the UK joining us to, should be a challenging weeks diving.
    I'm gonna need a new breather to get anything more done in Song Hong , that place is a Monstah! How much you want to do this push? 2-3 km at 140m?
    That place will go on and on and on and on...

If I'm free I'd love to come and dive and help out a bit regardless for the heck of it, it's fairly easy for me to go anyhow. But I'm content to leave the deep pushes to crazy Mike :p

Question, did you guys do the other tunnel yet? Ceiling depth? Penetration distance?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2