+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Video: Khao Sok Temple Cave (as seen here on photos)

Retired Instructor Erik is an unknown quantity at this point Erik's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

rEvo,Inspo,Evo,Kiss,Meg,IDA

Video: Khao Sok Temple Cave (as seen here on photos)

Just finished this up:

Yes, sorry it features me diving on OC (cough cough), but I'd think you guys like to see a bit more of that cave here anyhow... Enjoy!

RBW Member jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk's Avatar
    HammerMeg

Kiss Classic, Inspiration

Re: Video: Khao Sok Temple Cave (as seen here on photos)

Erik

Thanks for sharing. Do you have any info on the cave. Depth? Penetration Distance?

PS-you might want to get going on finishing your Technical-Diving.net with Instructor Trainer Erik Engberg - PADI Diving, Technical Diving, Rebreather Diving, Wreck Diving, PADI IANTD TDI PSAI courses internet site if you are going to provide a link to it.

Thanks, John

RBW Member Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll's Avatar
    Waiting for my Next

Megalodon 2.7

what a beautifull cave, great to see it..
    thanks for sharing

Retired Instructor Erik is an unknown quantity at this point Erik's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

rEvo,Inspo,Evo,Kiss,Meg,IDA

Quote Originally Posted by jkaterenchuk  View Original Post
    Erik

Thanks for sharing. Do you have any info on the cave. Depth? Penetration Distance?

PS-you might want to get going on finishing your Technical-Diving.net with Instructor Trainer Erik Engberg - PADI Diving, Technical Diving, Rebreather Diving, Wreck Diving, PADI IANTD TDI PSAI courses internet site if you are going to provide a link to it.

Thanks, John
    Hey John,

No problem. Yeah the cave depth is about 0-30m with a couple of nice big chambers and 3-4 entrances (2 featured in the video). Penetration distance is actually not much, less than 100m linear, but it is a very beautiful and complex cave which you can dive at several "levels" so it's definitely worth a couple of dives just to figure out. It's beginner level stuff though (I teach Cave I/Intro to Cave in it from time to time). The local hardcore stuff is Song Hong and Sra Keow (of which I have decent video material on both and may post if I get some time to do the video editing)...

My website, yes, I actually made a whole new site and I ****ed up the database for it so back to square one, a new one is coming when our season here is finished - just been busy/lazy

RBW Member pwl4476 has a spectacular aura about pwl4476 has a spectacular aura about pwl4476 has a spectacular aura about pwl4476 has a spectacular aura about pwl4476 has a spectacular aura about pwl4476 has a spectacular aura about pwl4476's Avatar
    Meg

Nice footage. It looks as though the cave may have been dry at one time, as in Mexico. As you're probably aware most of the caves in the states have never been dry.

I'd very much like to see the footage of the other caves that you referenced.

pwl4476

i ko nix dafüa seppu is a jewel in the rough seppu is a jewel in the rough seppu is a jewel in the rough seppu is a jewel in the rough seppu is a jewel in the rough seppu is a jewel in the rough seppu is a jewel in the rough seppu's Avatar
    sf 1,?

jj,mccr-inspi,classic,rgfüm

hi erik
    its a real small world.maybe you are remeber me.2004 the repulse fun trip with mike.with your new camera.
    gruss sepp

Silent Lucidity mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver's Avatar
    Megalodon

great video,thanks for sharing.

al the best.

RBW Member Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pwl4476  View Original Post
    Nice footage. It looks as though the cave may have been dry at one time, as in Mexico. As you're probably aware most of the caves in the states have never been dry.

I'd very much like to see the footage of the other caves that you referenced.

pwl4476
    these caves were all dry and were used as temple caves/tourist attractions before the government built the damn and flooded the area to make a reservoir. Theres supposed to be whole villages under the lakes. you can swim through drowned forests - its quite cool

ANDI IT #47 andibk will become famous soon enough andibk will become famous soon enough andibk will become famous soon enough andibk's Avatar
    Hammerhead, Optima and Nautilu

Hammerhead, Inspiration, Kiss

I have a map of before and after the dams were built pin pointing the location of a couple buddha temples, school and hotel are located. This map is of a lake north of Bangkok. Fred and I were up there once but did not have any luck. The depth where the temples is suppose to be around 120 meters of depth. I am going to try to get some gps numbers matched to the maps to help locate these temples. IT is a real nice trip were we rent a large raft and have it towed out to the sight with a long tail boat. We slept and dove from the raft. Great time.

andibk

Sic Semper Tyrannis NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER's Avatar

Great video and great editing as well. I like the initial effects with the word's in motion!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast