+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Insuring your 'breather

Insuring your 'breather

I was wondering what people do about insuring their rebreather. Do you have it on your household/diving insurance or do you have a specific policy for it?

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar
    Had not even thought about it myself - but bloody good point....goes off to check how much it is to change my DAN policy...

stuart

I have DAN Master Professional cover but it only covers up to 2000 Euro for equipment left behind as part of a medical evaucation, not theft by scrotes or accidental damage so I was wondering that everyone used. Or is everyone going alpinist on the insurance as well? :D

RBW Member Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie's Avatar
    on divemaster kit insurance not having house insurance means it can't go on :)

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

I have it insured on my 'More Than' house insurance as Ambient Pressure Diving Equipment insured as an item for £5000 new for old at home or travelling anywhere in the world. I asked loads of questions and it would appear I am covered for pretty much anything apart from intentionally ditching the equipment at sea.

The rest of my diving equipment is insured for £10,000 with a £1500 per item limit. I itomised my expensive kit like VR3's dry suit, vidio housing, vidio camera etc.

This cost me an additional £160.00 over and above my standard home insurance buildings and contents policy.

I phoned around but these were the only big name co who were willing to do it.

ATB

Mark Chase

RBW Member DoubleTop is an unknown quantity at this point DoubleTop's Avatar
    £160 for all your diving kit - putting into the magic DT perspective, thats not bad - for instance my £5K car costs me four times that ;)

and the additional for computers, well lets not go there .........

DT.

Photo & Video Pro h2ophotopro is an unknown quantity at this point h2ophotopro's Avatar
    I have mine covered under my professional photographers insurance along with all dive gear and camera equipment. Its through Firemans Fund Insurance

RBW Member nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FathomsDown
    I was wondering what people do about insuring their rebreather.
    All my gear is itemised by serial number with Divemaster insurance. I want them to be quite clear what they are insuring so if I come back without it we all know what we're talking about.

This lark with household policies always loks a bit fraught and getting agreement in writing that the cover is what you think it is first seems a very good idea.

Team Kinky Juz has a spectacular aura about Juz has a spectacular aura about Juz has a spectacular aura about Juz has a spectacular aura about Juz has a spectacular aura about Juz has a spectacular aura about Juz's Avatar
    Blanaid and I are insured with Divemaster.

£20k of kit, all itemised, for £330.

I've been with Divemaster for 4 years now, had a claim when £2k of kit was nicked from teh garage and the claim was dealt with very well and quite quickly.

Juz

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by nigelh
    This lark with household policies always loks a bit fraught and getting agreement in writing that the cover is what you think it is first seems a very good idea.

I have never had to put it to the test but I can say that More Than sent me back a list with all my major items listed and the cover in detail.

I asked all the obvious questions,

Lost at the airport
    Lost in transit
    Dive boat sinks
    Stolen from Dive boat in the night
    Stolen from dive site
    Stolen from car
    Stolen from home
    Damaged on boat during transit etc. etc. apparently they were all covered.

I looked at Dive-master insurance and Westfield but the reabreather was well in excess of the single item limit so i had to get special cover for that. The cost to me was well over £350 ???

ATB

Mark Chase

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast