+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Altitude diving on the HS Explorer

digital nomad GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM's Avatar
    Hyperion pSCR

IDA71, HomeBuilts, Ray, RGU/FM

Altitude diving on the HS Explorer

Another post about the HS Explorer as little George discovers the world...

I plan to go on a lake dive next w/end at an altitude of a little over 400m. The ALT settings on the Explorer are confusing me.
    The range is from 0 to 9 but there is no mention in the manual of the direct link between ALT setting and actual altitude.

I have looked again and again and it is not clear. Maybe it is my Engrish...Maybe I am thick...Can anyone shed some light?

Moderator jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski's Avatar
    Hammehead & rEvo & Custom

KISS,Optima,Inspiration,Meg

Re: Altitude diving on the HS Explorer

Quote Originally Posted by GKAM
    Another post about the HS Explorer as little George discovers the world...

I plan to go on a lake dive next w/end at an altitude of a little over 400m. The ALT settings on the Explorer are confusing me.
    The range is from 0 to 9 but there is no mention in the manual of the direct link between ALT setting and actual altitude.

I have looked again and again and it is not clear. Maybe it is my Engrish...Maybe I am thick...Can anyone shed some light?

from page 11 english-metric manual

Altitude 0-9 corresponds to sea level to 10,000 feet (~3,000m). ~1000 ft or ~300m per Altitude number.
    See Diving at Altitude in next section for important information.

so for a 400m altitude dive set it to 1

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    Joe Radomski
    CCR Trimix Instructor Trainer
    ANDI Instructor Trainer Director #10

All posts are personal opinions and DO NOT reflect any affiliated agency unless specifically stated.

digital nomad GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM's Avatar
    Hyperion pSCR

IDA71, HomeBuilts, Ray, RGU/FM

I was on page 16, "Diving at Altitude" and there is no mention there. Thx for pointing out the right page!!! This manual is not easy to navigate...

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar

Shouldn't it be set at 2?

Eg

0 = Sea Level
    1 = Sea Level to 300m
    2 = 300m to 600m

etc etc

Moderator jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski's Avatar
    Hammehead & rEvo & Custom

KISS,Optima,Inspiration,Meg

Quote Originally Posted by schford
    Shouldn't it be set at 2?

Eg

0 = Sea Level
    1 = Sea Level to 300m
    2 = 300m to 600m

etc etc
    I asked Gene about this along time ago and unless its changed
    0 -sea level up to 300m,
    1 - 300 m- 600m
    2 - 600m-900m ect

Most other computers handle altiude this way... each increase is a threshold value..

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    Joe Radomski
    CCR Trimix Instructor Trainer
    ANDI Instructor Trainer Director #10

All posts are personal opinions and DO NOT reflect any affiliated agency unless specifically stated.

+ Reply to Thread