+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Scapa Flow CCR Diving

ZeroEmissions Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad's Avatar
    Sentinel/Boris/Evo/Liberty

HomeBuild, AP Classic, Path

Re: Scapa Flow CCR Diving

Quote Originally Posted by PhilSiswick  View Original Post
    Why not - I had my honeymoon on the Karin and we're still married nearly a decade later
    Maybe because you did see the worst... :D:D:D

Sorry just kidding;)

Nad

Phil Siswick, Tango PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

APD Inspiration, Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by Nad  View Original Post
    Maybe because you did see the worst... :D:D:D

Sorry just kidding;)

Nad
    I live by the mantra that an old, experienced, colleague of mine taught me - 'under promise and over deliver'. I thought I'd set a nice low threshold and then everything would be an improvement! A converted fishing trawler (most of the Scapa boats are) in Scapa with 10 diving friends seemed like a good way to do that.....

So far, so good.

Cheers,

ZeroEmissions Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad's Avatar
    Sentinel/Boris/Evo/Liberty

HomeBuild, AP Classic, Path

Quote Originally Posted by PhilSiswick  View Original Post
    I live by the mantra that an old, experienced, colleague of mine taught me - 'under promise and over deliver'. I thought I'd set a nice low threshold and then everything would be an improvement! A converted fishing trawler (most of the Scapa boats are) in Scapa with 10 diving friends seemed like a good way to do that.....

So far, so good.

Cheers,

I know I know, that's why I totally agree with you: never espect more that what is strictly necessary! All the rest, eventually, will be a gift.

Cheers

Nad

RBW Member Ferg3333 is an unknown quantity at this point Ferg3333's Avatar

Strathgary - 60m ish is a reasonable dive, smallish wreck tho

Hi Chaps

I can recommend Scapa Flow Charters

They have a great set up and are very flexable, and the Breakfasts are awesome

Scapa Flow Charters - Diving in Scapa Flow, Orkney and Shetland

Steve C UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg3333  View Original Post
    Strathgary - 60m ish is a reasonable dive, smallish wreck tho
    Is this the wreck with the heavy oil under the deck head on the bridge?

Was greeted after diving this with a bucket of detergent as I came up the ladder... definitely NOT O2 clean after that dive

Steve

RBW Member Gary Graham will become famous soon enough Gary Graham will become famous soon enough Gary Graham will become famous soon enough Gary Graham will become famous soon enough Gary Graham's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

KISS Classic

Quote Originally Posted by UKSteve  View Original Post
    Is this the wreck with the heavy oil under the deck head on the bridge?

Was greeted after diving this with a bucket of detergent as I came up the ladder... definitely NOT O2 clean after that dive

Steve
    Don't you mean the James Barrie? Usually get told during the dive brief to avoid the bridge due to the oil inside the it.

Other than that, its a cracking dive:) In amongst all the warships, a trawler sunk in 1969 is one of the best dives in the Orkneys IMO

Dive safe,

Gary

RBW Member Moray Brown has a spectacular aura about Moray Brown has a spectacular aura about Moray Brown has a spectacular aura about Moray Brown has a spectacular aura about Moray Brown has a spectacular aura about Moray Brown has a spectacular aura about Moray Brown's Avatar
    Cave Meg

Sentinel, Evolution

Last edited by Moray Brown; 8th April 2008 at 22:21.

RBW Member Moray Brown has a spectacular aura about Moray Brown has a spectacular aura about Moray Brown has a spectacular aura about Moray Brown has a spectacular aura about Moray Brown has a spectacular aura about Moray Brown has a spectacular aura about Moray Brown's Avatar
    Cave Meg

Sentinel, Evolution

[quote=Rob Dobson;179868]

I'll be taking about 80Kg of Sorb up with me but I'm pretty sure Scapa Scuba will sell it.

Whys that? You smoking it?

Steve C UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Graham  View Original Post
    Don't you mean the James Barrie? Usually get told during the dive brief to avoid the bridge due to the oil inside the it.

Other than that, its a cracking dive:) In amongst all the warships, a trawler sunk in 1969 is one of the best dives in the Orkneys IMO

Dive safe,

Gary
    Yep ..think you are right... was some yers ago when the briefing was... "Right..today we are diving the.. splash"

Steve

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast