+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SCR/mCCR

Custom Title Allowed! Flup is an unknown quantity at this point Flup's Avatar

SCR/mCCR

Finaly put together my new rig. It has become an SCR combined with a mCCR, and it looks great (I Think, whehehehe) Dry testing was good so far. Hoping to test it 'wet' in the next day's, keep it posted :D

Wish me luck, grinnnnnn..........

Ossi gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi's Avatar
    eCCR Hybrid Homebuild

pSCR RO80 Homebuild, LightMCCR

Re: SCR/mCCR

Wish you best luck for the test. Post some pics and let us know how the unit dives.
    :Dcheers ossi

Divetart Smudgegs has a spectacular aura about Smudgegs has a spectacular aura about Smudgegs has a spectacular aura about Smudgegs has a spectacular aura about Smudgegs has a spectacular aura about Smudgegs's Avatar

Yeah show us the pictures! Looks like I'm not getting to dive tomorrow ao I need cheering up

Hi Guy's,

If all goes right i'll be testing tommorrow, keep you posted. :o

Just to tell a bit. 'Turned over' a dolphin, kept the SCR system intact, only feedig trough a stage botlle now, at least, when mCCR does not work. 2 pieces of 3 ltr bottles, one with oxy and one with dill for the mccr set up, bail out on dill and on stage (geuss that will do the trick )

Oxy gauge and Air ZO2 for the monitoring of the oxy level. ;) Dill manual feeding and oxy with a constant flow of about 0.6 ltr min with extra option of manual feeding. :p

All this thnx to Martin of Tecme, provided some parts, whehehehe

Very courious of the behaving of the unit, like i said, keep you all posted, pic's will follow if i have the time.

Clear water for all
    Flup

p.s. Do not try this at home, rebreathers can and will kill with out any warning

RBW Member Baron Gautsch is an unknown quantity at this point Baron Gautsch's Avatar
    Hercules experimental MCCR

Azimuth trimix SCR

Best wishes to u!

I'm truly interested in your REB because I've in mind of doing something like that on my Azimuth :)

RBW Member libero is an unknown quantity at this point libero's Avatar
    Megalodon

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Gautsch  View Original Post
    Best wishes to u!

I'm truly interested in your REB because I've in mind of doing something like that on my Azimuth :)
    Ciao Armando, se accetti un piccolo contributo, non spingerti oltre ai flussi combinati che giā conosci come ottenere, sono una "certezza". Se proprio vuoi aumentare l'efficenza in deco, puoi aggiungere una bombola di o2 collegata al bypass del nx usando il flusso che avevi impostato per il nx e aprendo l'o2 Solo in deco a 6 mt facendo i lavaggi ti ritrovi un aro e, decomprimi molto velocemente. Usando nx 50 con questo sistema e gli oppotuni cambi di flussi combinati, riesci ad equagliare in deco un eccr (provato da me, credo tu sappia anche come dove e con chi).Usa la macchina che hai, per quello che puō dare. Se vuoi di + ci sono altre macchine, moolto mooolto migliori.Saluti

Gilberto Bonaga, Italy gibbogeo will become famous soon enough gibbogeo will become famous soon enough gibbogeo will become famous soon enough gibbogeo will become famous soon enough gibbogeo's Avatar
    Kiss with Hammerhead

Draeger Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by Flup  View Original Post
    Oxy gauge and Air ZO2 for the monitoring of the oxy level.
    Been there, done that. The Oxy2 with AirZO2 don't work well in CCR use.

They will measure the oxygen content in the bags when it switch on, then every time the FO2 (not the PPO2) drops (as when you start to descend and you add diluent) it assume you are overbreathing and give you more deco to do.

At the end of a normal dive, you will accumulate a huge amount fo deco time that you know is not necessary. But if you don't respect it, the AirZO2 will hang ("SOS" mode) for one day and you will not use it the day after.

So you will have to follow the infinite deco it prescribe or you will have to hang it under the boat to let the AirZO2 finish his deco or you have to use two AirZO2 every other day...
    Last edited by gibbogeo; 6th April 2008 at 13:10.

RBW Member jacquesm is an unknown quantity at this point jacquesm's Avatar
    Evo+ & Azimuth

Quote Originally Posted by gibbogeo  View Original Post
    They will measure the oxygen content in the bags when it switch on, then every time the FO2 (not the PPO2) drops (as when you start to descend and you add diluent) it assume you are overbreathing and give you more deco to do.
    I have been told ever worse : in case the FO2 raises above initial value, this would be considered a AirZ system failure and the display went off, not even giving mix instant value.
    But I had no chance to test it myself.

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

Uwtec's letter on the subject of Aladin and CCR

Well, thanks all for the replies so far. I've been underwater and yes, I survived .

First dive my Air Z didn't work (damned, took the wrong one from the shell :o, wasn't paired to the Oxy2), second dive it did work, altough bit troubling I thought. (maybe the explanation lies in what is said here before :D)

Did both dives shallow, first one max of 10 metres, second one max of 15 metres (bit of risc management I could say ) unit performed fine. mCCR mode, switched to SCR, switched back, did bail out on OC and so on and so on. I had a good feeling with the performance of the unit.

In the beginning a little problems with the gasamount in the lungs, no ADV in mCCR mode, so had to do some 'emergency' fills with the dill , seems you to get used to an ADV pretty quick :D.

When I have the time I'll post some pic's of the rig, first want to dive it some more, and hopefully survive again

+ Reply to Thread