+ Reply to Thread

Thread: dolphin/BP/Wing

Holiday diver denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel's Avatar

Question dolphin/BP/Wing

I'm putting a diverite BP on my atlantis, and run into a wing problem. I have a small black art wing, and 2 zeagle wings, but all 3 are way to narrow. They are half hidden under the shell. I'm very tempted to cut a few flaps of the atlantis (ring) wing and fiddle that onto it. Any idea's?

denz.

Total NOOB trey is an unknown quantity at this point trey's Avatar
    NT1

Dolphin

Re: dolphin/BP/Wing

My OMS 45# wing fits under mine pretty good...though a little snug. I can send pics if you like? I have the TMI Shop backplate on it...

-Trey

RBW Member caver95 will become famous soon enough caver95 will become famous soon enough caver95 will become famous soon enough caver95's Avatar

oxycheq 30 works great, with the TMi shop plate adaptor.

Meg Diver jswensva is on a distinguished road jswensva is on a distinguished road jswensva's Avatar
    Megalodon

Before I sold my Dolphin I had a DR Trek Wing on it with one of Ron's BP adapters. Worked well and is a bit wider than most wings.

Rebreathers Rock Recrebreather is on a distinguished road Recrebreather is on a distinguished road Recrebreather's Avatar

I have been using a TMI Shop backplate adapter and Dive Rite Trec wing for 12 months with no issues.

Total NOOB trey is an unknown quantity at this point trey's Avatar
    NT1

Dolphin

I think maybe the trick is to start with a true 'doubles' wing...pretty sure all the Zeagle wings are really designed for singles. The OMS 45# gets out of the way perfectly...

-T

Scuba Imports Australia Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris's Avatar
    rEVO III rMS

Inspo, Kiss, Prism, Meg, Pos

Denz
    What Zeagle wings have you got there ?

I had the 44lbs on mine and it fitted really nicley.

Cheers
    Chriso

Holiday diver denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel's Avatar

I got 2 wings of zeagle tech's.
    1 is current mdel and 1 previous. The're not your official BP wings.
    I reckon I've found the sollution though. I'm keeping the original Atlantis wing, which is just that, an o-shaped wing with no cr@p hanging off it once removed from harnass structure. And have to cut 2 flaps off, and left is an ordinairy wing. Doesn't have the fabric in the middle though, but enough holes to attach to some brackets coming off the BP.
    I decided not to use an adapter, but to make the diverite BP a dedicated Atlantis BP and weld brackets on for the 2 tank, such that the shell fits comfi between them, and little hookes for mounting the shell on the plate.
    Kinda hard to explain, but will come up with pictures as soon as it's all right size and welded on.......

denz.

Thanx all for the tips though...

+ Reply to Thread