+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Thread: mCCR and zero viz exit

Prism 'prentice Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike's Avatar
    Prism

Re: mCCR and zero viz exit

Quote Originally Posted by Drmike  View Original Post
    same argument I think. The feeling of tightness will still be obvious at some point so your overall average pppo2 will still be the same only the amplitude of variation could change
    For most of us doing normal depth dives - yes. But I sure as hell wouldn't be betting on it at 200m when there is only ~5% O2 in the loop.

I don't think I'm good enough to pick loop volume that closely - perhaps that's why I don't do 200m dives.

Mike

RBW Member Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike  View Original Post
    For most of us doing normal depth dives - yes. But I sure as hell wouldn't be betting on it at 200m when there is only ~5% O2 in the loop.

I don't think I'm good enough to pick loop volume that closely - perhaps that's why I don't do 200m dives.

Mike

Hi,

at -200m depth you dont need high ppo2 (no advantage to deco) you can therefore allow your ppo2 to drop a load and it will have little to no effect on deco (at these depths) so you can get away with just breathing your loop down and not add O2, only dil, untill you get to shallower depths where elevated ppo2 is needed.

Running min loop will interfere to a degree with full ventilation - something that Id want to avoid at extreme depth

basically I dont plan on runing min loop at -200m depths :D with a reasonable fo2 dil, with the lack of benefit of maintaining high ppo2 at depth, and with the shortness of time spent at depth- theres just no need
    Last edited by Drmike; 8th April 2008 at 13:36.

246 Bubbleless Cove Meng_Tze will become famous soon enough Meng_Tze will become famous soon enough Meng_Tze will become famous soon enough Meng_Tze will become famous soon enough Meng_Tze's Avatar

For the record. You can 100% see the individual LEDS shine on a Shearwater HUD in less than 3" vis. I was in a complete siltout today with less than 3" vis. I know it was less than 3" since I could not see the HUD housing itself nor the mount, but did see all three LED's light. I kept my PO2 at level by means of the HUD alone.

RBW Member kopaz is on a distinguished road kopaz is on a distinguished road kopaz's Avatar
    rEvo II

Quote Originally Posted by jkaterenchuk  View Original Post
    Maybe the agencies should add a drill to CCR Cave class that involves swimming out using the HUD only for PO2 control. Black out the mask so only the hud lights can be seen.

John
    You have to do this to get a pilot's license - simulated Instrument Meteorological Conditions.

You could use a black/smoke cellophane sheet that essentially reduces vis to zero and tape/wrap it on the outside of the mask. the HUD should still be visible mostly....

jk

RBW Member lift bag mcgee is an unknown quantity at this point lift bag mcgee's Avatar
    HH Extreme, HEAT MCCR

MEG COPIS 1

Awesome topics and great conversation as I dive a mCCR. Been thinking about a HUD and this gives great perspective to its advantages.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15