+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Seattle / San Juan Islands Charter

Shearwater Copis Diver Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy's Avatar
    Copis Meg and rEvo III

Evolution

Re: Seattle / San Juan Islands Charter

I'd be up for some shore diving the day before. Lyme Kiln point is a bit of a hike but a beautiful dive.

Steve, is the boat available for saturday too? hmm, maybe a weekend of diving? turn island is a beautiful wall as well but requires minimal currents and I have not looked at that weekend for currents.

g

Quote Originally Posted by pdxDiver  View Original Post
    Add me to the list. Anyone up for some dives on the 9th as well?

Gill Envy

Steve Sprague 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster's Avatar
    rEvo

Dolphin

Here is the web site for the charter boat:
    Naknek/Bandito Charters
    The owner, Kurt, said that the boat starts getting a little cramped with more than 10 rebreather divers, but he will take up to 12. There are links to accommodations on the site. He asked that if you book with one of the links that you mention you are diving off the Naknek. He mentioned that this is high season so if you want to stay on the island you should make a reservation now.

The boat was booked for the 9th, so is not available. I would like to do at least one dive on Saturday, either on the mainland or on the island. Lime Kiln point would be a good spot. Maybe Burrows Pass in Anacortes might make sense, but I have not looked at predictions for either site yet.

We will be getting back to Friday Harbor at about 6pm. I will probably stay on the Island Saturday night so I don't have to sweat the ferry boat ride to get there Sunday morning.

ADM/RBW Staff John Rawlings has a spectacular aura about John Rawlings has a spectacular aura about John Rawlings has a spectacular aura about John Rawlings has a spectacular aura about John Rawlings has a spectacular aura about John Rawlings's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Quote Originally Posted by 4ster  View Original Post
    We will be getting back to Friday Harbor at about 6pm. I will probably stay on the Island Saturday night so I don't have to sweat the ferry boat ride to get there Sunday morning.
    Uhhhhh....THIS changes everything. I was under the impression that we were going to go in and out of Anacortes as most charters in the San Juans do.

Getting to and from Friday Harbor on a Saturday in August? I'm afraid that you'll have to deal me out of that.

- John

Nailer99 Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith's Avatar
    Megalodon

Uh.....yeah. Sorry, but I won't be doing any August dives out of Friday Harbor- you all have fun, though!

Steve Sprague 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster's Avatar
    rEvo

Dolphin

The charter is based out of Friday Harbor during the summer. He said he could pick us up at Anacortes, but the cost will be more since it is a longer run for him.

I know what you mean about staging out of Friday Harbor. I'll call and get a price quote for an Anacortes pickup. It may be equivalent to the cost of ferry fare, and probably a lot cheaper when you add in an overnight stay on the island.

ADM/RBW Staff John Rawlings has a spectacular aura about John Rawlings has a spectacular aura about John Rawlings has a spectacular aura about John Rawlings has a spectacular aura about John Rawlings has a spectacular aura about John Rawlings's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

The charter is based out of Friday Harbor during the summer. He said he could pick us up at Anacortes, but the cost will be more since it is a longer run for him.

I know what you mean about staging out of Friday Harbor. I'll call and get a price quote for an Anacortes pickup. It may be equivalent to the cost of ferry fare, and probably a lot cheaper when you add in an overnight stay on the island.
    My main objection is time.....on a Saturday in August the ferry lines will be horrendous and the wait long both going TO Friday Harbor and returning to the mainland. At high season rates the ferry fare will also be unreasonable for just one day of diving.

Please keep us posted regarding the possibility of having an Anacortes pick-up.

Thanks!

John

rEvo

Dolphin

I talked to Kurt (skipper of the Naknek) yesterday about an Anacortes pickup. I think we should do it, the charge is only $50 more - $900 vs. $850.

Spread between all of us that is less than ferry fare! Not to mention the hassle, and possible overnight stay in Friday Harbor.

Unless I hear a ton of complaints from a majority, I think we should plan on leaving from Anacortes.

I will confirm that with Naknek in a few days assuming comments here are positive.

Shearwater Copis Diver Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy's Avatar
    Copis Meg and rEvo III

Evolution

An anacortes departure is fine by me... i'm still in.

Gill Envy

KISS CLASSIC

I talked to Kurt (skipper of the Naknek) yesterday about an Anacortes pickup. I think we should do it, the charge is only $50 more - $900 vs. $850.

Spread between all of us that is less than ferry fare! Not to mention the hassle, and possible overnight stay in Friday Harbor.

Unless I hear a ton of complaints from a majority, I think we should plan on leaving from Anacortes.

I will confirm that with Naknek in a few days assuming comments here are positive.
    That would be great!

RBW Member Yevgeniy is an unknown quantity at this point Yevgeniy's Avatar

Thank you for taking care of it. It is MUCH better option.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast