+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Seattle / San Juan Islands Charter

Nailer99 Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith's Avatar
    Megalodon

Re: Seattle / San Juan Islands Charter

Cool, I'm in for an Anacortes based dive.

Steve Sprague 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster's Avatar
    rEvo

Dolphin

Since no one complained, the trip is now set to leave from Anacortes

The skipper wants 10 divers, but will take up to 12 if we don't mind being cozy. Right now we have 10.

Please post here if you can't make the dive as soon as you know, so your slot can be filled.

Rebreather World/Bandito Long Island trip - 10 August 2008
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steve (4ster)
    Nailer 99
    Yevgeniy
    Yevgeniy's wife
    Kevin (UWSojourner)
    George (Gill Envy)
    Elizabeth
    John Rawlings
    pdxDiver
    Larry (Toad Lake Diver)

Steve Sprague 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster's Avatar
    rEvo

Dolphin

We had one space open up for this trip. If you want to go post here. First post gets the spot.

I sent out PMs to everyone on the list, if you have not responded please let me know if you are still planning on diving this trip.

I talked to the charter skipper this week and we will be leaving from Skyline marina in Anacortes, I'll talk to him again next week and get specifics.

A Prismer in Megland Underwaterbear has a spectacular aura about Underwaterbear has a spectacular aura about Underwaterbear has a spectacular aura about Underwaterbear has a spectacular aura about Underwaterbear has a spectacular aura about Underwaterbear has a spectacular aura about Underwaterbear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 4ster  View Original Post
    We had one space open up for this trip. If you want to go post here. First post gets the spot.

I sent out PMs to everyone on the list, if you have not responded please let me know if you are still planning on diving this trip.

I talked to the charter skipper this week and we will be leaving from Skyline marina in Anacortes, I'll talk to him again next week and get specifics.
    Hey Steve,

I think I'm up for this if there is still a slot. PM sent.

Cheers
    Andrew

rEvo

Dolphin

A few people dropped out, so we have at least one spot open for the trip. Let me know if you want to join us. I would like to have 10 divers on the boat, up to 12 max.

Rebreather World/Bandito Long Island trip - 10 August 2008
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steve (4ster)
    Yevgeniy
    Yevgeniy's wife
    George (Gill Envy)
    Larry (Toad Lake Diver)
    Andrew (underwaterbear)
    Curt (silentscuba)

pdxDiver* (anyone know how to get in touch, no response to PMs)

rEvo

Dolphin

Meet at the "main dock" at Skyline Marina at 11:30am. Boat leaves at noon.

We are still short a couple of divers to replace those that backed out. If you can think of a rebreather diver that would like to go let me know.

Cost is still $85 per diver to be paid to the boat.

Directions:

To: 2300 Skyline Way, Anacortes, APROXIMATE location for "main dock"

DRIVING DIRECTIONS
    --------------------------------------------------
    A) exit 230, Burlington, WA 98233 US
    1. Start out going WEST on W RIO VISTA AVE/WA-20/AVON CUTOFF toward PETERSON RD. Continue to follow WA-20 W. (go 11.6 miles)
    2. WA-20 W becomes WA-20 SPUR W. (go 2.7 miles)
    3. Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto COMMERCIAL AVE/WA-20 SPUR. (go 1.3 miles)
    4. Turn LEFT onto 12TH ST/WA-20 SPUR. Continue to follow WA-20 SPUR. (go 3.1 miles)
    5. Stay STRAIGHT to go onto SUNSET AVE. (go 0.5 miles)
    6. Turn LEFT onto SKYLINE WAY. (go 0.6 miles)
    7. End at 2300 Skyline Way Anacortes, WA 98221-2960
    B) 2300 Skyline Way, Anacortes, WA 98221-2960 US
    TOTAL ESTIMATED TIME: 32 minutes | DISTANCE: 19.82 miles

To view your map, click on the link below or copy and paste it to your browser:
    Driving Directions from I 5 & W Rio Vista Ave, Burlington, WA to 2300 Skyline Way, Anacortes, WA

rEvo

Dolphin

We had 6 PNW members enjoy a beautiful day and 2 great dives. The west wall of Long Island is fantastic, one of the best dive sites I have seen. The life and the color on the wall is amazing. Viz was a good 50ft and there was as much to see at 130 ft as there was at 30. Skipper Curt of the Naknek absolutely nailed the slack for this site, we had over an hour and a half to look at all the pretties. The second dive was a drift along some interesting rock structure, that ended in a wall dive. It was getting late so we decided to make this one an hour long.

We thought that the boat would work well with 2 more rebreather divers. 10 divers would be bumping into each other a lot. With 6 we had plenty of room.

The Naknek is a RB friendly boat, the crew was helpful when needed and stayed out of the way when not. The only downside was the boarding ladder, it was a bit of a climb to get back on board. Not bad, but I have to say something negative to sound credible.

The Naknek operates out of Friday Harbor. There are some great dives near there like Turn Point. If there is enough interest in an overnight stay in Friday Harbor after the hotel rates go down in late September, I'll set something up. 4 dives in the heart of the San Juans!

Any interest?

A Prismer in Megland Underwaterbear has a spectacular aura about Underwaterbear has a spectacular aura about Underwaterbear has a spectacular aura about Underwaterbear has a spectacular aura about Underwaterbear has a spectacular aura about Underwaterbear has a spectacular aura about Underwaterbear's Avatar

Thanks again for organizing the day Steve. A couple of great dives.

I'd be up for another day trip out of Anacortes...that was an easy day even with the run up from Seattle...maybe up for a weekend, maybe.

Actually I think the ladder was pretty easy given the flat water conditions...nice and long, fin friendly and plenty of strong hand-holds. It would be a major hassle in a sea and/or with more than one stage to deal with. But the boat is perfect for the area.

Cheers,
    Andrew

Shearwater Copis Diver Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy's Avatar
    Copis Meg and rEvo III

Evolution

Hey, it was great diving with you all! Steve, many thanks for putting this trip together. I went through my photos and put together a little flickr set with the highlights. It's been a while since i've been so inspired by a cold water dive in WA waters! Long Island was steller! let me know about upcoming developments, I'd love to go back. here are the photos from this trip:
    8-10-08, Long Island WA - a set on Flickr

Gill Envy

RBW Member Yevgeniy is an unknown quantity at this point Yevgeniy's Avatar

Steve, thank you for the trip!
    George, thanks for the photos!

It would be great to have such things on a regular basis.

Please count on me for the next trips.

Yevgeniy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4