+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Andrea Doria?

RBW Member mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot's Avatar

Andrea Doria?

Did anyone dive the Doria last season, and if so, is it worth doing this season? I have a spot on a late July trip.

Banned jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson's Avatar

Re: Andrea Doria?

Quote Originally Posted by mempilot  View Original Post
    Did anyone dive the Doria last season, and if so, is it worth doing this season? I have a spot on a late July trip.
    yes, did so, really enoyed it. going back several times this year weather permitting. still very impressive sight!

RBW Member mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jiseson  View Original Post
    yes, did so, really enoyed it. going back several times this year weather permitting. still very impressive sight!
    I'm scheduled on a July 29th trip. When are you going out?

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

The group I was scheduled to dive with last July got blown off for all but one dive then I heard Dave S and his group had mill pond conditions a couple of days later.
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

RBW Member Jeffrey C Gershen will become famous soon enough Jeffrey C Gershen will become famous soon enough Jeffrey C Gershen will become famous soon enough Jeffrey C Gershen will become famous soon enough Jeffrey C Gershen's Avatar

I was blown out last summer and also know that some trips were on lake like conditions. It's always hit or miss. From what I have heard, the ship is deteriorating so my suggestion is to take the plunge now.

Banned MB is an unknown quantity at this point MB's Avatar

You'll be anchored next to us. Ya'll ought to just have COME with us... .

Best chow, Best RB services, and most personalized diving available (6 max + crew aboard a 42 foot boat). (Or you could go on a mass-market cattle-boat like the rest of 'em....) Plus... we find china....... :D

Our big-trip is a 9 day one... plenty of time to wait out weather and dive when it permits. Come for a 3 day quickie... you'll have a 50/50 blow-out potential. That's why I don't run 3 day quickie trips any longer.

The Doria is still the Doria. Impressive in it's decline. Be careful.... this ain't Florida. More than one 'furriner' has come here and gone home on the swim platform face-first in his sleeping bag. There's "something" about this wreck. Just don't make mistakes. As far as I'm concerned, the wreck will improve for nice artifacts over the next 50 years. The flatter it gets, the more stuff is exposed. It just gets deeper.

Dave

Attached Images
    Last edited by MB; 25th March 2008 at 21:49.

Nailer99 Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith's Avatar
    Megalodon

Quote Originally Posted by Dave ******  View Original Post
    You'll be anchored next to us. Ya'll ought to just have COME with us... .

Best chow, Best RB services, and most personalized diving available (6 max + crew aboard a 42 foot boat). (Or you could go on a mass-market cattle-boat like the rest of 'em....) Plus... we find china....... :D

Our big-trip is a 9 day one... plenty of time to wait out weather and dive when it permits. Come for a 3 day quickie... you'll have a 50/50 blow-out potential. That's why I don't run 3 day quickie trips any longer.

The Doria is still the Doria. Impressive in it's decline. Be careful.... this ain't Florida. More than one 'furriner' has come here and gone home on the swim platform face-first in his sleeping bag. There's "something" about this wreck. Just don't make mistakes. As far as I'm concerned, the wreck will improve for nice artifacts over the next 50 years. The flatter it gets, the more stuff is exposed. It just gets deeper.

Dave

I will be knocking on your door next summer, Mr. ******. Just not quite ready yet.

I want to see the Doria, knowing full well that "I should have been there in the 80's." It's just too much of an icon in tech diving to pass up. A piece of china? Well, that would be a wet dream of the highest order. I just want to see it, once.

MixedGas gathan has a spectacular aura about gathan has a spectacular aura about gathan has a spectacular aura about gathan has a spectacular aura about gathan has a spectacular aura about gathan has a spectacular aura about gathan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nailer99  View Original Post
    I will be knocking on your door next summer, Mr. ******. Just not quite ready yet.

I want to see the Doria, knowing full well that "I should have been there in the 80's." It's just too much of an icon in tech diving to pass up. A piece of china? Well, that would be a wet dream of the highest order. I just want to see it, once.
    I agree, I had a blast on last year's trip with Dave S. and felt very lucky to have found that nice plate:) - of course, one needs to be willing to get into an area with potential...

Andre

Banned MB is an unknown quantity at this point MB's Avatar

Andre': Figured that photo would drag you out of your Canadian winter torpor...I look at it all the time, it's framed on my wall. ;) . I'll expect nothing but the best in artifact grabbing from you this year too! I'll drop the chain right into the same spot, promise.

Talk soon, July is coming.

Dave

MixedGas gathan has a spectacular aura about gathan has a spectacular aura about gathan has a spectacular aura about gathan has a spectacular aura about gathan has a spectacular aura about gathan has a spectacular aura about gathan's Avatar

It sure would be sweet to be able to find that same location once more Dave - more to be done in that area me think:).

Andre

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast