+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HTML links in text.

Custom Title Allowed! Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef's Avatar

HTML links in text.

2 questions:

1] how do you [or rather me] change the text of an HTML tag from www. so and so to a word such as 'here' while still keeping the link?

2] can the font colour be changed a bit so that the HTML links stand out better from the normal text?

Thanks.

RBW Member Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie's Avatar

Re: HTML links in text.

My new site

is done as follows:
    [ URL="http://new.outlawdivers.org.uk" ][ COLOR="Orange" ][ U] My new site[ /U ][ /COLOR ][ /URL ]

take the spaces away from the [ and ] though

or write the text select it then under line it, select it and the under line tag, colour it select it and the under line tag and the color tag,and then hit the link button.
    The will give you the code above
    Last edited by Beanie; 21st March 2008 at 07:51.

Brent - Narked at 90
    divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld's Avatar
    Deep Pursuit or a Camelion

and 11 others inc. a UT-240

Top right of a new post has an [a/A] button, and the "go advanced" button change the format of the text. When you see html like characters you can change the text.
    Copying skips understanding. Understanding is how you grow. You have to understand why something works or why something is how it is. When you copy it, you miss that. WWW.NARKEDAT90.COM
    www.puwer.co.uk PUWER and Machinery CE Marking www.ce-eu.com

Custom Title Allowed! Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef's Avatar

I wasn't clear on question 2.

Can the whole site be changed so the colour of the font when URL's are inserted as people type things like "the information is here" and I look for a link before realising that the 'here' is is a very slightly different shade to the rest of the words and is in fact the link.

RBW Member Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freef  View Original Post
    I wasn't clear on question 2.

Can the whole site be changed so the colour of the font when URL's are inserted as people type things like "the information is here" and I look for a link before realising that the 'here' is is a very slightly different shade to the rest of the words and is in fact the link.
    in short no
    in long it screwed the whole site last time we tried

+ Reply to Thread