+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: North Carolina Rebreather Trip -- August 2008

RBW Member Jacek Lubowiecki is an unknown quantity at this point Jacek Lubowiecki's Avatar
    OPTIMA

Budy Inspiration

Re: North Carolina Rebreather Trip -- August 2008

HI,
    Iam interesting in joing your expedition, there would be two of us.
    I have been planing that kind of trip for a long time.
    Can you advise me on the clossed, international airport.
    Is it possble to rent bottles for Optima?
    Regards
    Jacek

Underwater Journal Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns's Avatar
    KISS Explorer & Spirit LTE

KIS Sport, KISS GEM, Dolphin

Hi Jacek,

Sure we would like to include you and a friend. We have begun wait list for those who are serieous in the event someone needs to cancel their trip.

As to airports, Raleigh-Durham is the closest International.
    As for tanks, I will have to look into that.

Walt Stearns
    Underwaterjournal.com

Underwater Journal Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns's Avatar

To recap some of the detail on the up-coming North Carolina Rebreather Charter Aug 20-22

The charter cost for the three days is $435.00 per diver. Meals and accommodations are up to you. Olympus Dive Center’s has a Dive lodge, which provides a rather inexpensive lodging option for $25 a night.

What to expect in the way of dives.
    Each day is an extended range trip, meaning we leaving the dock at 6:30 – 7:00 am, returning around 4:30 - 5:00 pm.

With the exception of the Caribsea (which is a two dive wreck) or we will be visiting two wrecks a day. Of which will include the Papoose, U-352, Schurz and Spar (while not a WWII wreck, the Spar is very good for sand tigers).

As and option, we can also target either the Naeco or the Proteus. These two are further offshore and will require an additional fuel charge.

As for bottom/run times for each dive, the idea of this group charter is that we, as divers using RB’s should/could be able to maximize our bottom time on these moderate depth wrecks (80 to 140 fsw).

To get what I mean, last season Doug and I ran an 84-minute dive on the Caribsea (wreck lies in 90 feet) with a remaining no deco time of 24-minutes for the first dive. Compared to everyone else that was on the boat using OC, the last were out of the water at the end of the first 45 minutes of the dive. Hey as long as you keep actual deco obligation down (not counting a 3 minute safety stop) to 5 minutes or less, the last man out of the pool on the second dive so that it does cut too much into run back to the dock, nobody, including Olympus has a problem with it.

Who's Going
    At present, in addition to Doug and myself, we presently have:

3. Patrick Vigeant
    4. Tom Kean
    5. Thomas Terry
    6. Sue Conatser (Thomas Terry’s wife)
    7. Michael Scammon
    8. Fergus Butler
    9. Ian Macknight
    10. John Barton
    11. David Williams
    12. Jillian Morris (sharkyjillian)
    13. Eliot Danner (ForTheFight)
    14. Mark Dellinger (human)
    15. Bob Ferguson (eanxdiver)
    16. Amy Ferguson
    17. Tim Owens (netimage)
    18. AJ Bubb (cubixy2k)

I have begun a wait list, should anyone cancel, for all others interested.
    1. Andrew Sallmon

Weather permitting, this should be a really fun trip, with a really nice group of people.

Smile, how bad can it be? Eliot Danner will become famous soon enough Eliot Danner will become famous soon enough Eliot Danner will become famous soon enough Eliot Danner will become famous soon enough Eliot Danner's Avatar
    KISS, rEvo, Optima, Inspo

Meg, Mk15, Dolphin, Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by UWshutterbug  View Original Post
    [Snip] this should be a really fun trip, with a really nice group of people.
    You've never met me...I might not be nice :D

If that turns out to be the case, you might find your ride out and back might be in the bilge.

"I live by the philosophy of continue beatings until morale improves."

Smile, how bad can it be? Eliot Danner will become famous soon enough Eliot Danner will become famous soon enough Eliot Danner will become famous soon enough Eliot Danner will become famous soon enough Eliot Danner's Avatar
    KISS, rEvo, Optima, Inspo

Meg, Mk15, Dolphin, Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by UWshutterbug  View Original Post
    If that turns out to be the case, you might find your ride out and back might be in the bilge.

"I live by the philosophy of continue beatings until morale improves."

Ouch - point taken

RBW Member cubixy2k will become famous soon enough cubixy2k will become famous soon enough cubixy2k will become famous soon enough cubixy2k will become famous soon enough cubixy2k's Avatar

Actually I was supposed to be on the wait list because I don't know if I can do it yet due to an intersession class. Won't know more about it for a while, so you might as well drop me for now

RBW Member keylargojimy has a little shameless behaviour in the past keylargojimy's Avatar
    HAMMERHEAD

HH INSPIRATION

Is This N.c. Ccr Trip Full Yet?
    I Am Very Interested If There Is Room?
    Jim

debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole's Avatar
    KISS Spirit & JJ-CCR

Kiss Classic & Sport, Kiss GEM

Sorry for the late reply, but I've been out of the country. According to Walt's post above the trip is full but he has started a waiting list in case people cancel. PM him with your info and we'll get you on the list.

Doug

Sic Semper Tyrannis NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER's Avatar

I just noticed the finalized dates (20th-22nd) and I am fuming! This has been one of my dream trips that I have always wanted to go on!!!!:)

And then to see it scheduled as a rebreather only trip (lots of bottom time as opposed to tech/oc charter) was even more exhilarating

The the reserves (military) had to go and ruin my plans and send me off to an SF officer school this summer that ends on the 22nd!!! AAAAAH

I hope everyone has a great time and takes lots of pictures, I was looking foreword to testing out the new Canon G9 with WP housing and the Canon 40D with underwater set up. Looks like its not in the cards for this year, as I really don't want to spend the money to go down with OC divers and not get the benefit of extended BT.

My only hope is that this is a success and that you all will be interested in setting this up again next year. If so, count me in as one of the first!!!! Hell, the first drink is even on me for the organizers.

Best regards and dive safe,

Tom

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast