+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Phuket "cargowreck" identified

Phuket "cargowreck" identified

Cargo ship wreck identified off the coast of Phuket

After several unsuccessful attempts, Jörg and Sepp U. finally succeeded in identifying the mentioned cargo ship during their tec-dive on 6th March as “Sun Shine 1”. The first research discovered that it was built in 1966 in the German Democratic Republic. The length of about 110m and the width of about 15m go along with our estimations during the last dives there. With a size of 4500 tonnes it is the biggest wreck so far discovered in the seas off Phuket.
    We still don’t know any detailed circumstances of the sinking, as we only founded little information in the web. Therefore we are grateful for any advices and further information concerning the ship. We hope to discover the secrets in the very near future and we will let you know, what we find out.
    Andreas and Joerg, Deep Blue Divers Phuket
    Attached Images

RBW Member Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545's Avatar
    Meg/Shearwater Pathfinder

Re: Phuket "cargowreck" identified

Well done guys......I look forward to diving her in the near future :D

Regards,

Lance

ANDI IT #47 andibk will become famous soon enough andibk will become famous soon enough andibk will become famous soon enough andibk's Avatar
    Hammerhead, Optima and Nautilu

Hammerhead, Inspiration, Kiss

Joerg
    Awesome find. Hopefully one of these days I will be able to make it down there to join you guys on a trip.

andibk
    Bruce

i ko nix dafüa seppu is a jewel in the rough seppu is a jewel in the rough seppu is a jewel in the rough seppu is a jewel in the rough seppu is a jewel in the rough seppu is a jewel in the rough seppu is a jewel in the rough seppu's Avatar
    sf 1,?

jj,mccr-inspi,classic,rgfüm

hai
    perfekt boat,buddy and conditions:D:D:D:D. mccr rocks
    gruss sepp

Submerge Productions PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver's Avatar

Nice. What kind of depth does she sit in?

i ko nix dafüa seppu is a jewel in the rough seppu is a jewel in the rough seppu is a jewel in the rough seppu is a jewel in the rough seppu is a jewel in the rough seppu is a jewel in the rough seppu is a jewel in the rough seppu's Avatar
    sf 1,?

jj,mccr-inspi,classic,rgfüm

from 78m to 93m bottom. bottomtime was 40min.:)

In search of Law breaking Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw's Avatar
    Meggy Meg...

Got the best one from day 1...

well done guys.

that looks huge! especially compared to the last picture with the diver in sight.

very nice. very clear waters too.

Sic Semper Tyrannis NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER's Avatar

Looks like entanglement central. I think I will wait a Phew years before I have that type of Phun!

Until then....off to the Texas Clipper

RBW Member jamiemac is on a distinguished road jamiemac is on a distinguished road jamiemac's Avatar
    inspo

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw  View Original Post
    well done guys.

that looks huge! especially compared to the last picture with the diver in sight.

very nice. very clear waters too.
    Good luck trying for an ID, we have half a dozen large un-identified post war frieghters in the Gulf of Thailand. There's nothing on the web that I can find so unless you find a bell, or lettering on the fan tail or bow, you're stuck

I beleive if you ask Lloyd's of London for an area search they may be able to help, expensive though

the WW2 wrecks are much easier to ID, USN records are very good.

wish we had that vis on this side, glad we don't have to deal with that depth though

Jamie MV Trident

TITAN-ITE grandizer52 will become famous soon enough grandizer52 will become famous soon enough grandizer52 will become famous soon enough grandizer52's Avatar
    pearl city hawaii EARTH moving to Iscandar

There's a couple of good US NAVY submarine sites that'll list sinkings in that area...

laytah
    steve

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast