+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Upcoming Trip: March 21st, 22nd & 23rd

Underwater Paparazzi sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver's Avatar
    Dive Rite Optima

Re: Upcoming Trip: March 21st, 22nd & 23rd

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    OK OK OK
    I just called and booked my spot. They told me that was a total of 8 Rebreather and 6 OC. Said since it was an afternoon dive that they were flexible on bottom time and that we should get a pretty good run time:D
    By my count, that makes 4 Megs and 4 Optimas for Saturday - That's a good showing! However, since Optimas are made in Florida and the dive is in Florida, the way I see it, the Optimas have the home field advantage, and as in all sports, the team with the homefield advantage is favored by the bookies, therefore...we seem to have the edge on this one!!

Way to go Don! Thanks for supporting the Optimas on this one - The Megs were starting to worry me there for a moment!! For those of you who may not know Don, he's the Official Florida S.C.R.U.B.'s Blacksmith, and has been doing an awesome job of putting together a pretty sweet custom aluminum after-market backplate for the Optima - Thanks again Don! Here's a pic I took of Don in action last weekent:
    Attached Images

Mike O'Neill Mike448 has a spectacular aura about Mike448 has a spectacular aura about Mike448 has a spectacular aura about Mike448 has a spectacular aura about Mike448 has a spectacular aura about Mike448 has a spectacular aura about Mike448's Avatar
    Ft Lauderdale (Florida) & Knysna (South Africa)
    Megalodon

I just called Capt Mike at RJ's and left a message that I am in for Saturday afternoon.

Moderator ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami's Avatar

Updated list:

Mike448
    Sam
    RunawayLobster
    EDasque
    SFLDiver
    ScubaDadMiami
    Monkey
    DSix36

We get special S.C.R.U.B. pricing of $50 for the trip if you pay in cash. If CC, it goes up to $60.

RBW Member Runawaylobster is an unknown quantity at this point Runawaylobster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by netmage  View Original Post
    It's gonna take more than the mad metal maniac.....

Megs: 5
    Optimas; 4

Your gonna need Ricky, Tony, Mark or Lisa to pull this one out....

/begin Hulk Hogan/
    "Whatcha gonna do when Megalomania runs rampant over you....."
    /end voice over/

:D
    oops,sorry tim. Calling in sick .... I didn't book, I have the worlds
    worst cough going on... you wouldl think these things go away quick
    since I had it last weekend, but now it's got worse. I'm wondering if
    you can put vick inside your counterlungs :D...

LL

Underwater Paparazzi sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver's Avatar
    Dive Rite Optima

Quote Originally Posted by Runawaylobster  View Original Post
    oops,sorry tim. Calling in sick .... I didn't book, I have the worlds
    worst cough going on... you wouldl think these things go away quick
    since I had it last weekend, but now it's got worse. I'm wondering if
    you can put vick inside your counterlungs :D...

LL
    If Les is calling in sick (we'll miss you Les - Hope you feel better!) and Tim is bubble watching...That sounds very much like 4 Optimas to 3 Megs

So as the Hulkster himself would say,

"Whatcha gonna do now brother!!!"

Like I said in my previous posts...No one comes into OUR HOUSE and pushes us around, because Optimas rule the roost around here!

If you're looking for Megs superiority, you probably are going to need to pack your U-Haul and move to Seattle! LOL!!
    Last edited by sfldiver; 22nd March 2008 at 13:39.

Supporting Member edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque's Avatar
    rEvo III mini

Today's diving was awesome, really great. We're looking forward to tomorrow. It was very cool to meet all of you, Mike, I hope you're up for tomorrow afternoon !

Can't wait to see the photos too :D

As a side note, Sam (Twayne) had to buy a large Keg of Sofnolime 812 Mesh WV 44 lbs from Dive Rite Express since they had ran out of the smaller one. He's probably used 12 lbs (2 std Meg scrubbers) between today and tomorrow. Anyone interested in taking it from his hands (32 lbs left or so)?

If so, PM me and we'll give you a call.

Erik

Tim Owens netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage's Avatar

Dive Rite Optima

Thanks for the pics Tim!

It was great having you on the boat with us yesterday, even though you've yet to receive the all-clear from Doug (Florida S.C.R.U.B.'s Medical Officer). Furthermore, it's great to get some topside pictures of the group gearing up, which we rarely have, because by that time, my camera is usually already in it's housing.

I'm going to post the link to your pics within the seperate trip report Howard wrote, which is also where I posted my pics:

http://www.rebreatherworld.com/showthread.php?t=18157

Looking forward to seeing you in the water with us soon - Thanks again!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6