+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: DT Box knock-offs on E-bay

RBW Member sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330's Avatar
    Who cares

A few

DT Box knock-offs on E-bay

Anyone ordered one to these yet? I want too but I'm not sure if it will be worth it when it goes thru customs. Can anybody from North American specifically from Canada ordered anything similar to this from UK, and if so what did you end up paying for duty?

Scott

Mr Cheesebox edster will become famous soon enough edster will become famous soon enough edster will become famous soon enough edster's Avatar
    Hi

yes I have one, going to dive it on Saturday for the first time

Its pretty good, the only slight problem is that you need to knoock up something to hold the manifold. I used a bit of plastic from a bath tray from the local charity shop cut to the appropriate size and shape. Not because I'm cheap you understand... Secondly, it doesnt have a built in handle, or a convenient place to fix one at the top. I have a plan to use the d-ring at the base as a connection point and bring some webbing up underneath the wing to act as a support, with a bit of metal tube on as a handle. The quality of the metalwork is good as is the welding, on mine at least, so I reckon its pretty good value. I'll post a pic of it made up if you want

cheers

Ed

Brent - Narked at 90
    divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld's Avatar
    Deep Pursuit or a Camelion

and 11 others inc. a UT-240

I was looking closely and it appears that the threaded bolts are on the front side. If this is the case then if your diving from a RIB, then dragging it in can rip the tubes.
    Let us know, or better still give us some more detailed pics.

Quote Originally Posted by edster
    Hi

yes I have one, going to dive it on Saturday for the first time

Its pretty good, the only slight problem is that you need to knoock up something to hold the manifold. I used a bit of plastic from a bath tray from the local charity shop cut to the appropriate size and shape. Not because I'm cheap you understand... Secondly, it doesnt have a built in handle, or a convenient place to fix one at the top. I have a plan to use the d-ring at the base as a connection point and bring some webbing up underneath the wing to act as a support, with a bit of metal tube on as a handle. The quality of the metalwork is good as is the welding, on mine at least, so I reckon its pretty good value. I'll post a pic of it made up if you want

cheers

Ed
    Copying skips understanding. Understanding is how you grow. You have to understand why something works or why something is how it is. When you copy it, you miss that. WWW.NARKEDAT90.COM
    www.puwer.co.uk PUWER and Machinery CE Marking www.ce-eu.com

Mr Cheesebox edster will become famous soon enough edster will become famous soon enough edster will become famous soon enough edster's Avatar

Bolts

Hi yes there are two bolts on the back (the outside) so they would run over the edge of a RIB if it was pulled in that way. Having said that, I'm not sure that they would rip as they are round, knurled cylinders that would have difficulty digging in to rip. They could be machined to be totally hemispherical at the top, or replaced with domed nuts easily enough if you were worried. I've just packed the car for the morning, so I'll post some photos tomorrow.

regards

Ed

Brent - Narked at 90
    divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld's Avatar

Hi yes there are two bolts on the back (the outside) so they would run over the edge of a RIB if it was pulled in that way. Having said that, I'm not sure that they would rip as they are round, knurled cylinders that would have difficulty digging in to rip. They could be machined to be totally hemispherical at the top, or replaced with domed nuts easily enough if you were worried. I've just packed the car for the morning, so I'll post some photos tomorrow.

regards

Ed
    Nice one, I appreciate any photos. considering one myself if it is RIB friendly. I cant afford to replace tubes. New ones being fitted now!
    Copying skips understanding. Understanding is how you grow. You have to understand why something works or why something is how it is. When you copy it, you miss that. WWW.NARKEDAT90.COM

Re: DT Box knock-offs on E-bay

So... cant insert images at the moment, but they are ready to be posted. I will try and make them available on another site, and send the link and some description here. Check back later!! cheers Ed

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar

So... cant insert images at the moment, but they are ready to be posted. I will try and make them available on another site, and send the link and some description here. Check back later!! cheers Ed
    Problem fixed....but If you could upload them into the Gallery woudl be great please.....

OK will post them here later on...

Hi all

I have posted pics to the gallery - search under DT Box JanBox and this should pick them up. I'll write up my experiences with it so far in the near future.

Regards

Ed

Brent - Narked at 90

Hi all

I have posted pics to the gallery - search under DT Box JanBox and this should pick them up. I'll write up my experiences with it so far in the near future.

Regards

Ed
    Cant find them, does it take time for them to hit the gallery?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast