+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hello from an Ex Royal Navy Clearance Diver.

RBW Member Groupie59 has a spectacular aura about Groupie59 has a spectacular aura about Groupie59 has a spectacular aura about Groupie59 has a spectacular aura about Groupie59 has a spectacular aura about Groupie59's Avatar

Hello from an Ex Royal Navy Clearance Diver.

Hi one and all.

My name is Tony Groom. I started diving for a living at the ripe old age of 17 and still do a bit now, at a much riper age of 48!
    I was a Mine Clearance Diver in the Royal Navy for 10 years, then a Saturation Diver in the oil fields around the world. So my career took in the Falklands war, and some decidedly dodgy area's around the world!
    Basically, I've been paid to dive all my life, I've never had a day job, and never done a nine to five.

I was put onto this site by a Ray Mansell. He has just read my book and told me he heard about it on a thread on here somewhere, so here I am having a nose about.

The re-breathers we used were antiquated in the extreme compared to what you guys have nowadays. So I think I could learn a lot on this site. I would like to learn a bit more about modern re-breathers for my second book. Have a look at my site, if anyone is interested. DIVER DIVER. A diving book. Diving, scuba, saturation, a life under water.

I look forward to meeting and chatting with lots of you on here, so on-wards and down-wards!

Looking forward to it, Tony.

ZeroEmissions Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad's Avatar
    Sentinel/Boris/Evo/Liberty

HomeBuild, AP Classic, Path

Re: Hello from an Ex Royal Navy Clearance Diver.

Quote Originally Posted by Groupie59  View Original Post

Hi one and all.

My name is Tony Groom. I started diving for a living at the ripe old age of 17 and still do a bit now, at a much riper age of 48!

Time to retirement...:D:D

Basically, I've been paid to dive all my life, I've never had a day job, and never done a nine to five.
    Lucky you, for me exactly the opposite...

However welcome on board, I'm sure you won't need so much to understand modern units.
    Have fun.

Nad

Alias - Ray Mansell kiwi_diver will become famous soon enough kiwi_diver will become famous soon enough kiwi_diver will become famous soon enough kiwi_diver's Avatar
    AKA-60 Orca SCR

Crikey Tony, that was fast! I only just finished doing a bit of a review of your book on the off-gassing forum and here you are!

Welcome in and I'm sure you'll find all the info you'll ever need on RBW! I sure have.:D

Not a euphemism! woody is a name known to all woody is a name known to all woody is a name known to all woody is a name known to all woody is a name known to all woody is a name known to all woody is a name known to all woody is a name known to all woody is a name known to all woody is a name known to all woody is a name known to all woody's Avatar

Scary,

I just have read the last page of your book and here you are. Enjoy the RBW exerience. I am still laughing at the description of someone who had a problem with their backside. Described as having a ring like a dragons nostril...priceless.

Mike

RBW Member SimonK is a glorious beacon of light SimonK is a glorious beacon of light SimonK is a glorious beacon of light SimonK is a glorious beacon of light SimonK is a glorious beacon of light SimonK is a glorious beacon of light SimonK is a glorious beacon of light SimonK is a glorious beacon of light SimonK is a glorious beacon of light SimonK is a glorious beacon of light SimonK is a glorious beacon of light SimonK's Avatar

Welcome

I really enjoyed your book, especially the descriptions of Scottish night life, sounded horribly familiar.

Simon

Banned MB is an unknown quantity at this point MB's Avatar

Hey Tony, Welcome aboard. About time you came 'round!

Best,

Dave

Longbottom Time RAL is a glorious beacon of light RAL is a glorious beacon of light RAL is a glorious beacon of light RAL is a glorious beacon of light RAL is a glorious beacon of light RAL is a glorious beacon of light RAL is a glorious beacon of light RAL is a glorious beacon of light RAL is a glorious beacon of light RAL is a glorious beacon of light RAL is a glorious beacon of light RAL's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Groupie59  View Original Post
    Hi one and all.

I was a Mine Clearance Diver in the Royal Navy for 10 years, then a Saturation Diver in the oil fields around the world. So my career took in the Falklands war, and some decidedly dodgy area's around the world!

I was put onto this site by a Ray Mansell. He has just read my book and told me he heard about it on a thread on here somewhere, so here I am having a nose about.

The re-breathers we used were antiquated in the extreme compared to what you guys have nowadays. So I think I could learn a lot on this site. I would like to learn a bit more about modern re-breathers for my second book. Have a look at my site, if anyone is interested. DIVER DIVER. A diving book. Diving, scuba, saturation, a life under water.

I look forward to meeting and chatting with lots of you on here, so on-wards and down-wards!

Looking forward to it, Tony.
    Greetings from GOM oilfield trash to UK oilfield trash.

RAL

Casual Sport Kiss Pilot RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut's Avatar
    Sport Kiss

Tony,
    Welcome to Rebreatherworld.com!
    Do you know who in the US sells yuour book and has it in stock?
    I checked Amazon and they say it will take 4-7 weeks.

Again, welcome on board!

Cheers,
    RBN

Rob Clemes iratnl will become famous soon enough iratnl will become famous soon enough iratnl will become famous soon enough iratnl will become famous soon enough iratnl's Avatar
    Apeks Meg

KISS Sport, Copis Meg

Thumbs up Re: Hello from an Ex Royal Navy Clearance Diver.

Hi Tony and welcome

The Book looks very interesting. I look forward to receiving the signed copy I've just ordered via your site :)

RBW Member Campbell is an unknown quantity at this point Campbell's Avatar
    AP Evolution

AP Inspiration Classic

Welcome to the site Tony,

I received your book for Christmas and couldn't put the thing down!

This site has a lot of knowledgeable people on it, I'm sure any questions you have will be answered pretty quickly.

Enjoy,

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast