+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Upcoming Trip (Revised): Upper Florida Keys 4/18 - 4/20/2008

swims in fishes toilets vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr's Avatar

Re: Upcoming Trip (Revised): Upper Florida Keys 4/18 - 4/20/2008

guys,
    I have to work this weekend..

Moderator ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami's Avatar

Again?! Thought you were going to make this one.

Ah, don't worry. If I go, the weather will surely be a problem.

swims in fishes toilets vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr's Avatar

it was last minute,
    Bob Marley's mom (Mother B) passed away and I am putting together the memorial dvd to play at her service in Jamaica on the 22nd. She was a wonderful woman and will be missed by many.

Quote Originally Posted by ScubaDadMiami  View Original Post
    Again?! Thought you were going to make this one.

Underwater Paparazzi sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver's Avatar
    Dive Rite Optima

Looks like the weather forecast may currently be experiencing a bit of counter-productive energy form a combination of Howard expressing an interest in diving with us and Richie, our man on the scene, not focussing on calming the seas for us, because the winds seem to be taking longer to clear out of South Florida then originally anticipated. However, on the flip side, it does look like Saturday and Sunday are going to be more apt to fall within acceptable Florida S.C.R.U.B.'s parameters for visiting honarary members:

TONIGHT
    NORTHEAST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS. SEAS BEYOND THE REEF 4 TO
    6 FEET...EXCEPT 6 TO 9 FEET OFF THE UPPER KEYS DUE TO NORTH SWELLS.
    SEAS INSIDE THE REEF 2 TO 3 FEET. NEARSHORE WATERS CHOPPY. ISOLATED
    SHOWERS.

THURSDAY
    NORTHEAST TO EAST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS. SEAS BEYOND THE
    REEF 4 TO 6 FEET...EXCEPT 7 TO 9 FEET OFF THE MIDDLE AND UPPER KEYS
    DUE TO NORTH SWELLS. SEAS INSIDE THE REEF AROUND 2 FEET. NEARSHORE
    WATERS CHOPPY. ISOLATED SHOWERS.

THURSDAY NIGHT AND FRIDAY
    EAST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS. SEAS BEYOND
    THE REEF 4 TO 6 FEET...EXCEPT HIGHER IN THE GULF STREAM. SEAS INSIDE
    THE REEF AROUND 2 FEET. NEARSHORE WATERS CHOPPY. ISOLATED SHOWERS.

FRIDAY NIGHT
    EAST WINDS NEAR 15 KNOTS. SEAS BEYOND THE REEF 3 TO
    5 FEET...EXCEPT HIGHER IN THE GULF STREAM. SEAS INSIDE THE REEF
    AROUND 2 FEET. NEARSHORE WATERS A MODERATE CHOP. ISOLATED SHOWERS.

SATURDAY AND SUNDAY
    EAST TO SOUTHEAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. SEAS
    BEYOND THE REEF 2 TO 4 FEET. SEAS INSIDE THE REEF 1 TO 2 FEET.
    NEARSHORE WATERS A LIGHT TO MODERATE CHOP. ISOLATED SHOWERS.

According to the unofficial word I hear through the grapevine, the boats in Key Largo are going out, but they are sticking to diving the shallower stuff where the waters are calmer; however, we'll continue to be optimistic and hope for a hasty retreat of those nasty winds currently blowing, so we can enjoy our weekend of diving, Florida S.C.R.U.B.'s style!:D

Moderator ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami's Avatar

It is clear that the winds will die down for Saturday and Sunday since I have other diving obligations (the Doc Demily trip out of Miami) for Saturday. So, you are sure to have good diving then. Of course, the winds will still proabably be blowing in Miami on Saturday down to just about . . . you guessed it . . . the location of the Doc!

Maybe we can all meet on your way back up north on Sunday night, after your dive.

Underwater Paparazzi sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver's Avatar
    Dive Rite Optima

It is clear that the winds will die down for Saturday and Sunday since I have other diving obligations (the Doc Demily trip out of Miami) for Saturday. So, you are sure to have good diving then. Of course, the winds will still proabably be blowing in Miami on Saturday down to just about . . . you guessed it . . . the location of the Doc!

Maybe we can all meet on your way back up north on Sunday night, after your dive.
    Howard, winds appear to be dying off fast, which should favor us. I suspect your Doc De Milly trip should be a good one. I've dove that wreck many times on oc throughout the years and it's always been an awesome dive, I'm looking forward to diving it on cc - Definitely should be on the Florida S.C.R.U.B.'s todo list!

I'll definitely keep in touch on Sunday evening. If I'm driving back at a reasonable hour, I'll give you a shout and we can meet up.

Enjoy the Doc!

I'm hoping that with the diminishing winds, the seas will drop faster than they are predicting. Here's the latest forecast:

TONIGHT
    NORTHEAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. SEAS 7 TO 9 FEET.
    NORTHEAST SWELL 2 TO 3 FEET. INTRACOASTAL WATERS A MODERATE CHOP.
    SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS.

FRIDAY
    EAST WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS BECOMING 10 TO 15 KNOTS IN THE
    AFTERNOON. SEAS 5 TO 7 FEET. NORTHEAST SWELL 2 TO 3 FEET.
    INTRACOASTAL WATERS A MODERATE CHOP. SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS.

FRIDAY NIGHT
    SOUTHEAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. SEAS 5 TO 7 FEET.
    NORTHEAST SWELL 2 TO 3 FEET. INTRACOASTAL WATERS A MODERATE CHOP.
    SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS.

SATURDAY
    SOUTHEAST WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS. SEAS 3 TO 5 FEET.
    NORTHEAST SWELL 2 TO 3 FEET. INTRACOASTAL WATERS A LIGHT CHOP.

SATURDAY NIGHT
    SOUTHEAST WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS. SEAS 2 TO 3 FEET.
    NORTHEAST SWELL 2 FEET. INTRACOASTAL WATERS A LIGHT CHOP.

SUNDAY
    SOUTHEAST WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS. SEAS 2 FEET OR LESS.
    INTRACOASTAL WATERS A LIGHT CHOP.

SUNDAY NIGHT
    SOUTHEAST WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS. SEAS 2 FEET OR LESS.
    INTRACOASTAL WATERS A LIGHT CHOP.

Richie Burr diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb's Avatar
    O2ptima FX

It's been windy down here but the seas have been good. Mostly doing shallow reefs so far. The wrecks haven't been bad either.

Dive Rite Optima

Quote Originally Posted by diverreb  View Original Post
    It's been windy down here but the seas have been good. Mostly doing shallow reefs so far. The wrecks haven't been bad either.
    Thanks for the update Richie - See you tonight!

RBW Member dvrstev has a spectacular aura about dvrstev has a spectacular aura about dvrstev has a spectacular aura about dvrstev has a spectacular aura about dvrstev has a spectacular aura about dvrstev has a spectacular aura about dvrstev's Avatar

No stripes on my HEMI, I'm in Orlando, heading south ih the morning. Have replaced the supercharger on the motor with my optima to boost the power even higher. It loves the O2 injection :D

Quote Originally Posted by sfldiver  View Original Post
    Steve, did you paint the temporary "Optima Red" racing stripes on the Magnum for this trip? Personally, I didn't go with the red stripes for this trip, but I've been trying to find a way to install the "Optima Red Dancing Devil ''" on the hood of my car for the road trip South, but my service rep at the dealership dives a MEG, so obviously he doesn't understand and he therefore refused to do it!

If the weather forecast is any indication, Richie appears to have not let us down and is doing a fine job of calming the seas down for the weekend, because it looks as though the seas will be flat by the weekend:

TODAY
    NORTHWEST TO NORTH WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS. BAY WATERS CHOPPY.

TONIGHT AND WEDNESDAY
    NORTH WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS. BAY WATERS
    CHOPPY.

WEDNESDAY NIGHT
    NORTH TO NORTHEAST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS. BAY
    WATERS CHOPPY.

THURSDAY
    NORTHEAST WINDS NEAR 15 KNOTS. BAY WATERS A MODERATE
    CHOP.

FRIDAY
    EAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. BAY WATERS A LIGHT TO MODERATE
    CHOP.

SATURDAY
    EAST TO SOUTHEAST WINDS NEAR 10 KNOTS. BAY WATERS A
    LIGHT CHOP.

I'll be there on Thursday afternoon/evening, after I pick up John (JCdesign97), the stray hitchiking quarry-diving I-want-to-move-to-florida-and-get-rid-of-my-drysuit northeasterner at the Ft. Lauderdale Airport and head South to paradise for some sweet warm water wreck diving!

After this trip, John has officially earned enough Frequent Florida Diving Points over the last six months to have earned a spot on the Rebreather World Florida S.C.R.U.B.'s Inner Circle Dive Team - Congratulations John! Richie needs one more trip to qualify, but given the extended time-frame of each of his visits, an exception is being considered.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6