+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stellwagen Bank National Marine Sanctuary's

USSMEG USSMEG has a spectacular aura about USSMEG has a spectacular aura about USSMEG has a spectacular aura about USSMEG has a spectacular aura about USSMEG has a spectacular aura about USSMEG has a spectacular aura about USSMEG's Avatar

Stellwagen Bank National Marine Sanctuary's

An important announcement was posted on TDS, you can see it here. Its key to diving here in New England.

The Deco Stop

We now have a representative for the diving community to Stellwagen Bank, in Massachusetts.

Congratulations Heather, with you I know we will keep the “Bank Open” for future divers to enjoy. The Bank is up coming in a new book to be released in April, Keep your eyes open.

Later Paul
    See ya this weekend @ the Boston Sea Rovers

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

Re: Stellwagen Bank National Marine Sanctuary's

Paul, in order to read TDS posts you have to sign in. ;)

Congratulations to Capt. Heather Knowles (NEwreckdiver at RBW) for her appointment as the primary representative for the diving community to Stellwagen Bank National Marine Sanctuary's advisory council.

Congratulations indeed.

Heather Knowles NEwreckdiver will become famous soon enough NEwreckdiver will become famous soon enough NEwreckdiver will become famous soon enough NEwreckdiver's Avatar
    Prism 2, Prism Topaz

Hi All -
    Thanks Paul for posting this over here. I would like to add that since quite a few of the Sanctuary's shipwrecks are deep, the rebreather community is very relevant in many aspects of diving there, as it is no doubt the best tool for deep diving operations, but its use, capabilities and limitations are largely not understood by non-technical divers. Below is the post I made this AM on TDS. Please continue to support the dive community!

---
    Hi Everyone,

Thanks very much. I hope to be a good representative for both the diving community and the Sanctuary on this advisory board. I believe that it is a huge accomplishment for the dive community in general that this seat was created and that finally we have representation in a forum where real influence can be made, and where all the stakeholders are present. It has taken 3 years of hard work getting the issues out there, keeping the pressure on NOAA to respond -- this work has been lead by the Shipwreck Divers group - and this work continues today even, as we await the release of the Draft Management Plan. I would like to thank the dive community for supporting Shipwreck Divers and also thank folks like Joe Porter at Wreck Diving Magazine for supporting us and in particular getting the Sanctuary to participate in an interview, which is not the easiest thing to do. Finally, it is more important than ever that the dive community in New England build consensus and solidarity on the issues concerning Stellwagen - and strive to maintain and promote a positive relationship with NOAA and the sanctuary staff. Feel free to contact me anytime with concerns or questions. The next SAC meeting is March 18.

Thanks

Heather Knowles
    Northern Atlantic Dive Expeditions, Inc.
    Northern Atlantic Dive Expeditions - Wreck Diving, Technical Diving, Deep Exploration

USSMEG USSMEG has a spectacular aura about USSMEG has a spectacular aura about USSMEG has a spectacular aura about USSMEG has a spectacular aura about USSMEG has a spectacular aura about USSMEG has a spectacular aura about USSMEG's Avatar

Heather, on the site in the news section I don't see anything on plan?

Also should we be ready to contact our rep's in the house and senate?

I want to be all ready to attend what we need to and be ready to call, write the people we have as elected officals to voice our thoughts.

Later Paul

PS you and Dave gave a great talk @BTS

+ Reply to Thread