+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Dry Tortugas and Key West tech trip

New Member barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney's Avatar

Re: 2009 Dry Tortugas and Key West tech trip

Quote Originally Posted by swadiver  View Original Post
    the Vandenberg is supposed to sink when?
    There is still work to be done, but I think the current (moving) target is May 20-22 timeframe....

New Member barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney's Avatar

BTW, I have the VANDY GA plans and will bring them for those that want to reference them for dive planning.

jeff addis swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver's Avatar
    Revo

Optima

Cool

RBW Member brandonmc is a glorious beacon of light brandonmc is a glorious beacon of light brandonmc is a glorious beacon of light brandonmc is a glorious beacon of light brandonmc is a glorious beacon of light brandonmc is a glorious beacon of light brandonmc is a glorious beacon of light brandonmc is a glorious beacon of light brandonmc is a glorious beacon of light brandonmc is a glorious beacon of light brandonmc is a glorious beacon of light brandonmc's Avatar

I guess I'm the only one not interested in diving the Vandenberg

Bill Reals breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals's Avatar
    rEvo II Hybrid

KISS Classic

Quote Originally Posted by brandonmc  View Original Post
    It would be fun to run Burma Road or slalom thru the superstructure on my scooter.

Resident Selkie hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat's Avatar
    Megladon

No, you aren't.

Honestly, I think it will pale by comparison after diving the other wrecks, but it still might be a fun dive and offer some good photo ops? The last few days will be based on group consensus, so if people want to finish the trip on the WILKES, that's cool. Or we could do a final late afternoon jump on the VANDY if that's what people want. Its all flexible. Then there is the possibility we might be able to moor into the wreck for the evening, and we just do it as an optional dusk or night dive - allowing us to still do all the other deep wrecks on the agenda...plenty of options.

jeff addis swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver's Avatar
    Revo

Optima

i will definitly take the Wilkes. i did it on open circuit air with double 80's and shot video with a very early Sony handycam 8 mm video camera with Billy Deans and Gary Gentile back in 1988! i would like to remember more of the dive this time and get it on my High Def camera!

it will be interesting to see what 20+ years has done to the Wilkes.

Supporting Member Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli's Avatar
    rEvoMicro w.hybrid&dsix stand

rEvoII fullsize

its all good.
    Marv

fidelis Ad Mortem

RBW Member brandonmc is a glorious beacon of light brandonmc is a glorious beacon of light brandonmc is a glorious beacon of light brandonmc is a glorious beacon of light brandonmc is a glorious beacon of light brandonmc is a glorious beacon of light brandonmc is a glorious beacon of light brandonmc is a glorious beacon of light brandonmc is a glorious beacon of light brandonmc is a glorious beacon of light brandonmc is a glorious beacon of light brandonmc's Avatar

I didnt mean to sound quite so much like *that guy*, and I'll be happy to dive anything. Just a little surprised that there has been so much hype going around over the Vanderberg (not specific to this thread) when there are so many great wrecks down that way. Either way, definitely excited for the trip.

-b