+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Dry Tortugas and Key West tech trip

Banned jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson's Avatar

Smile Re: 2009 Dry Tortugas and Key West tech trip

Ok warning you guys i am now booked! how much underwear should i bring for my drysuit? do they serve hot soup?

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Re: 2009 Dry Tortugas and Key West tech trip

Quote Originally Posted by jiseson  View Original Post
    Ok warning you guys i am now booked! how much underwear should i bring for my drysuit? do they serve hot soup?
    You should bring enough for at least 4 layers. The water is colder than any that you have even heard about. Bring extra heavy coats and other clothing for the time above water also. The heaters do not work at all and most of the food is served at room temperature.

If you have a portable space heater - then you are all set.

Try to stay warm at all costs.

I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

Tim Owens netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage's Avatar

Hot soup? Maybe conch chowder... :)

Some folks did it wet last year, 5mm or so... so I'd say 100-200g thinsulate or equiv would be appropriate.

New Member barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney's Avatar

74-77 degrees at depth, 83 on deco -- yeah, better bring your dry gloves, heated undergarments, thick hood, etc. Its brutal....

New Member barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney's Avatar

In case you can't make Richie Kohler's Tortugas Trip, it looks like we only have two spots left on our trip leaving from Key West the following week.

Dates are June 2-6.

And it looks like they will finally have the USAFS VANDENBERG sunk by then too (maybe).

Cheers,
    Mike

Banned jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by barney  View Original Post
    In case you can't make Richie Kohler's Tortugas Trip, it looks like we only have two spots left on our trip leaving from Key West the following week.

Dates are June 2-6.

And it looks like they will finally have the USAFS VANDENBERG sunk by then too (maybe).

Cheers,
    Mike
    wish it was june already!

All,
    I have just three spots left for my Dry Tortugas Technical Wreck Expedtion aboard the Ultimate Getaway! As always this trip fills quick...Its excellent wreck diving on a great boat and I look forward to seeing some of you there!
    Richie Kohler

"It is seldom we meet men, whose souls steeled in the impenetrable armor of resolution, are willing to fight a losing battle to the last..."
    Lord Jim, Joeseph Conrad, 1900

OK - there is just one spot left for the June 2-6 Tortugas trip. Five days of diving some of the best deep wrecks Florida has to offer! And then a final night on Duval Street.

Let me know ASAP if you want to join in on the fun...

i hope we do some of the exploration dives for new numbers ...wrecks- any spanish galleons down there? i'll make sure to bring extra lift bags!
    If any of the Optima folks have a need for add'l Extendairs on the trip I still have several cases of them from the lot i bought- and will be bringing them down (driving) just let me know if you care . $92.5 a case or $24 a single cartridge. They are July 3 2009 expiration.
    Last edited by jiseson; 31st January 2009 at 12:38.

i hope we do some of the exploration dives for new numbers ...wrecks- any spanish galleons down there? i'll make sure to bring extra lift bags!
    Me too - I always like diving on new stuff. Most likely trawlers or the like, but you don't know until you go!