+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help!!! - IANTD Trimix instructor needed

Megalegalegalegadingdong! nmanfield is just really nice nmanfield is just really nice nmanfield is just really nice nmanfield is just really nice nmanfield is just really nice nmanfield is just really nice nmanfield is just really nice nmanfield is just really nice nmanfield is just really nice nmanfield's Avatar

Help!!! - IANTD Trimix instructor needed

I've booked 3 weeks in November to do my IANTD Normoxic and Full TRIMIX CCR Inspiration courses in Puerto Galera, Philippines but have just learnt that the instructor that was doing the course has got bent (not a great sign!!!!). There is no replacement. Seeing as I have booked my flight ticket (and won't get a reimubursement) this leaves me in a tricky situation.

I can either go pootling around at 40m for 3 weeks and not do my courses

or I can cancel the holiday and do the course somewhere else (loosing my cost of airfare)

but - Are there any IANTD instructors that could do the courses either in the Phillipnes that could do the course or would be willing to get employment for a couple of months out there (again, this would be up to the dive shop owner).

BTW it has to be IANTD as I don't have enough hours to do my TDI MOD2

Can anyone help please?

RBW Censor Bait teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple's Avatar
    Mk 15.5

Mk 15, Classic & Sport KISS

What about seeing if you can change your tickets to go to Indonesia, instead?

Blue Marlin in Lombok offers IANTD CCR Trimix courses.

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by teksimple
    If you COULD change the tickets, Sharm is also a great destination for diving/training.

If you go, I highly recommend Tekstreme at Emperors Diving. You will get to see a few of different RB units as well from Aaron...

"Two Sheds" Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos's Avatar
    JJ Rebreather

Classic Kiss

Can't help I'm afraid, but shouldn't this be covered by your travel insurance?

Janos

Megalegalegalegadingdong! nmanfield is just really nice nmanfield is just really nice nmanfield is just really nice nmanfield is just really nice nmanfield is just really nice nmanfield is just really nice nmanfield is just really nice nmanfield is just really nice nmanfield is just really nice nmanfield's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janos
    Can't help I'm afraid, but shouldn't this be covered by your travel insurance?

Janos
    'Fraid not, it wasn't an all inclusive package and the flights cant be changed. It looks as though I'll have to spend the 3 weeks in The Phillipines (can't really complain, eh!?).

Just have to hope that a band of wandering minstrel type IANTD CCR Trimix instructors just happens to pass through when I'm there!

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nmanfield
    ...It looks as though I'll have to spend the 3 weeks in The Phillipines (can't really complain, eh!?)...
    Nick,

It could be worse. You could be stuck in Bangkok for 3 weeks...

Sorry for the many recent posts, I am just bored at work today...

Quote Originally Posted by decoweenie
    If you COULD change the tickets, Sharm is also a great destination for diving/training.

If you go, I highly recommend Tekstreme at Emperors Diving. You will get to see a few of different RB units as well from Aaron...
    Does Aaron do TDI or IANTD? I've only got 50-60 hours on the unit so far so TDI MOD2 would be a non-starter. Saying that after 3 weeks in the Philippines then I should have my hours up. I suppose I could double up on courses as I'm in the Red Sea in December with Dave Thompson doing my SK course. Doing both courses with DT would be ideal but it would depend on his availibility (and mine). The only problem would be the excess baggage of taking 2 rebreathers out but I think it would be easier to just hire an inspiration out there (though mine is modified)

3 weeks in Bangkok eh? The only problem is that I think I wouldn't be able to leave!

Quote Originally Posted by teksimple

Blue Marlin in Lombok offers IANTD CCR Trimix courses.
    Thanks Kent,

Unfortunately went the cheap option and can't alter my tickets in any way

Keep yer head down out there!

Cheers,

Nick

Does Aaron do TDI or IANTD?

...with Dave Thompson doing my SK course...
    AFAIK, Aaron does TDI and Dave does IANTD. Just ask them direct to be sure, they are both on this board.

You should be able to rent the Insp from a few sources around Sharm since there are quite a number of Insp instructors/divers there.

I know Tekstreme has lots of tanks which most likely you will be using for your KISS course anyway.

Dude Andy M has a spectacular aura about Andy M has a spectacular aura about Andy M has a spectacular aura about Andy M has a spectacular aura about Andy M has a spectacular aura about Andy M's Avatar
    I've booked 3 weeks in November to do my IANTD Normoxic and Full TRIMIX CCR Inspiration courses in Puerto Galera, Philippines but have just learnt that the instructor that was doing the course has got bent (not a great sign!!!!). There is no replacement.
    Hmm which school were you doing it with? There are loads in Sabang, PG and if youre spending 3 weeks there, theres lots of hot filipino girls waiting to tend to your every need apres dive :)

I know Bruce Konefe (on this board) sometimes works in Philippines, but he is ANDI.

Graham Blackmore might be able to help, I think he lives in Manila.

You dont HAVE to do it in PG, theres other places to dive, such as Subic.

A lot of American instructors spend time there so you might find someone running courses there.

Another option is if you are changing planes somewhere, i.e. Singapore, then you could look for an instructor there and not bother turning up for the second flight.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast