+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Greetings & Salutations

RBW Member Nic is an unknown quantity at this point Nic's Avatar
    Optima

Evolution

Thumbs up Greetings & Salutations

Howdy,

I like many other newbies have been diving for some time now (14 years from Rec to Cave/Trimix) and would like to make the transition to CCR . The investment is steep but willing to make the crossover in time . Unfortunately for me, but not really :), I just got engaged and the CCR has moved down the priority list. That being said, the I plan on getting one within the next 5 years , by then there should be a CO2 sensor standard in all CCRs right?

Anyhow kudos for the great site, there is a lot of great information and media to make an educated decision on what product to get.

Cheers,
    Nic

RBW Member MM77 is an unknown quantity at this point MM77's Avatar

Re: Greetings & Salutations

Mate

You could always put the rebreather on the wedding gift list!!!!!!
    Go for it:) Life is way too short

New Member Ritchard is on a distinguished road Ritchard is on a distinguished road Ritchard's Avatar

If she won't let you spend the money on an RB when you're freshly engaged, what makes you think you'll be allowed to spend the money later?

Casual Sport Kiss Pilot RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut's Avatar
    Sport Kiss

Nic,
    Welcome on board here at RBW!
    Yes, I agree, make sure you get that RB on the wedding gift registry.

cheers,
    RBN

Sorta New Member w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley's Avatar
    JM Hammerhead

ISC Hammer-MEG

Have you thought about a nice puppy?

Dogs don't mind if you go diving, that the boat gets back late, or how much that new Rebreather part cost (yes, with a dog you can tell it what that part really cost).

If you are still bent on going the bridal registry route, then here's a suggestion from a fellow diver: You might break down the Rebreather into components (e.g., scrubber, BOV, CLs, electronics, etc.) and list the appropriate part numbers and website(s) so invited wedding guests will know what you want and where to buy it. Depending on how expensive the RB you select is would be a good gauge as to how large your wedding party invitation list should be - the more expensive the longer the list. You get the idea.

At least you might get some of the RB package that way. (Well, this list is suppose to be helpful.)

Good luck.

Bill

ps: "Dogs Rule!"

Optima

Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by w ripley  View Original Post
    Have you thought about a nice puppy?

ps: "Dogs Rule!"

Hi Bill, I already have two dogs (one chocolate lab and one Siberian husky) and they ROCK! I love them. Thanks for the suggestions and I am game for a 3rd puppy if I could, unfortunately apartment complex limits it to two pups. We are looking into moving into a house though.

Gents, thanks for your feedback, I never thought of adding my CCR into the registry (including getting it in components) but that is definitely something to think about. As for the lowering of priority of the CCR acquisition, I am the one moving the CCR down the priority ladder, I think it a wise move on my part otherwise what is the point of getting married? Might as well stay single and get my toys, right? The fiancee knows that diving is important to me and realizes that when the time comes to make the purchase it is not a swift decision.

Thanks for the feed back and I look forward to hearing more from y'all!

Cheers,
    Nic

RBW Member lgibsonmd is an unknown quantity at this point lgibsonmd's Avatar

Greetings to all

Cheers

Larry

Optima

Evolution

Talking Re: Greetings & Salutations

Hey Y'all,

This is an update since I last logged on. I just finished my Optima CCR training with Jill Heinerth last week and it was awesome! She is a great instructor, I would recommend her to anyone wanting Meg, Optima or Cis-lunar CCR (I am sure she can teach more but these are the ones that she mentioned she teaches regularly). It is amazing to hear her speak of her experiences. I got the bug bad, and am not waiting for my wedding registry for my CCR.

Cheers,
    Nic

RBW Member MountainScuba is an unknown quantity at this point MountainScuba's Avatar
    AP Valves Evolution

Nic,

Welcome to the community! I have to second your opinion on Jill. She taught my cave cert years ago and she was great! I recommend her to anyone interested in advanced training.

Brad

Moderator ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami's Avatar

Welcome aboard, and welcome to the Optima family.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast