+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Hitler's lost fleet

Casual Sport Kiss Pilot RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut's Avatar
    Sport Kiss

Re: Hitler's lost fleet

Quote Originally Posted by Dave ******  View Original Post
    (Don't get me started on U-Boats...unless you have a few hours)
    (and I'm buying the sidescan sonar for a reason...)
    I have plenty of hours when it comes to German U-Boats.

So far I have only visited the U-505 in Chicago.
    However, while I was back home in Switzerland over x-mas, I was able to meet a U-Boat Vet who served aboard the U-135. He invited me over one afternoon and he told me about his time aboard the sub. I never thought that less than 40 miles from my house in Switzerland I would meet a German U-Boat Vet. That was a very exciting afternoon.

Would love to dive some of the German U-Boat wrecks out there.
    That is a very valid reason for a side scan :D

cheers,
    RBN

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by wreckseeker  View Original Post
    Eh thanks for the translate dude! pretty cool stuff.. i may need to practice some german if i want to go to camberg in 2010,to see war time vevichles...
    can you say fahrvergnugen?
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

PROTEC MEXICO mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wedivebc  View Original Post
    yo

the bug is not only a bug ....

:: Volkswagen AutoMuseum :: Ausgewählte Exponate

Matt
    N 20' 37.617'
    W 87' 04.693'

Banned MB is an unknown quantity at this point MB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wedivebc  View Original Post

Jawohl! Aber Ja.

Sagen sie mir:

"Es klapperten die Klapperschlangen bis die Klappern schlapper klangen"...

10X..... ;)

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Dave

Last edited by MB; 8th February 2008 at 15:44.

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by mattmexico  View Original Post
    yo

the bug is not only a bug ....

:: Volkswagen AutoMuseum :: Ausgewählte Exponate

Matt
    I was at the Bad Camberg show in '99 and was driven to the show in a 1949 Hebmueller Cabriolet. I also was able to meet Frau Hebmueller who's husband owned the factory in Wuppertal until the fire in 1950 ended production of the coolest VW model ever made. I also had a spin in a 1943 Schwimmwagen but it was too windy to get in the water. Imagine how cool a VW powered dive vehicle would be?

Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

I have turned a Chevy and a Ford into submarines!

Of course it was totally unplanned and cost me alot to repair them
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

TITAN-ITE grandizer52 will become famous soon enough grandizer52 will become famous soon enough grandizer52 will become famous soon enough grandizer52's Avatar
    pearl city hawaii EARTH moving to Iscandar

If The U-boats were "scuttled" they weren't submerged with the Main ballast tanks only. all Uboats had 3 forms of emergency scuttling. one was a Plug under the Navagation/chart table. the whole table is the scuttle plug. there's also a compartment flood valve aft of the helm/planes hydraulic operator (starboard side). the last would be explosive charges in both torpedo rooms, but rarely used. the U-505 had all 3 actuated whe n boarded, but the plug was found, the charges got soaked, and the valve wasn't opened enough to cause what submariners would call flooding.
    my 2 cents
    laytah
    steve

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3