+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 2 minutes thought for my dad.

CK #21 ReikiMaster will become famous soon enough ReikiMaster will become famous soon enough ReikiMaster will become famous soon enough ReikiMaster will become famous soon enough ReikiMaster's Avatar

Re: 2 minutes thought for my dad.

Well what a 24hours that has turned out to be. (not trying to start a debate, just stating what happened, so lets leave it at that)

We all thought doctors included that being in hospital for the night would be a good idea. After hours of mum trying to get him home so she could look after him and being told NO.
    Then trying to stay at the hopsital as he kept trying to get out of bed, she was assured that she should go home and rest (having not slept herself for 2 days) and they would take care of him. And she could not stay on the ward anyway so was little point staying there. So she came home.

Phone call this morning, he tried to get out of bed in the night and had fallen and possibly broken his nose. Well that was a great idea wasn't it!

So a morning of chasing up the bed that was supposed to be getting delivered (before the ward would discharge him) it turned up and was installed around 11am, so call to the ward and they arrange transport (ambulance) for 2pm. Well we have played that game before so expected him to be home around 6!
    At 2pm i eat humble pie as i get the call from mum saying they are just leaving the hospital and will be home in a bit.

Ambulance arrives, they check out where they need to go in the house, then bring him in. And are gone in a flash, which is a compliment not a critism. Very professional and respectful (so thanks guys, not that you are ever going to read this)

So he is home, has had a rest, had dinner, seems a bit disorientated but then again so do I ! All in all is doing load better than he was. Could really have done with being moitored properly last night, and avoiding the stress of a fall.

Tonight we have a Marie Curie nurse coming in to sit for the night (this was organised a week ago) so mum can get a rest, and we have mcmillian nurses coming in over the next week (also previously arranged). Both organisations have offered increased help and we are obviously accepting it.

I'll add a link in a bit as i need to start a thread about me doing a swimathon.
    Swimathon for Marie Curie Cancer Care

So lets see where we are tomorrow.

I would like, once again, to thank everyone for their support and pm's and also thank my company for their support (WinITconsultancy - Our software drives your business) basically yesterday my boss told me to go, so i did!

Steve
    Last edited by ReikiMaster; 5th March 2008 at 21:21.

CK #21 ReikiMaster will become famous soon enough ReikiMaster will become famous soon enough ReikiMaster will become famous soon enough ReikiMaster will become famous soon enough ReikiMaster's Avatar

Hi All

Thanks for all the moral support over the last 11 months, it has meant a great deal to both me, my mum and my dad.

Unfortunatley just after midnight on Easter Sunday morning, my dad passed on.

Over the last 11 months i have used YD as a vent to help be to come to terms with my feelings at each stage of the journey.

Over the last week i have been waiting for 'the moment' to write my piece and have the time to break down and come to terms with what has happened, but that moment has not come. I seem to already to have come to terms with it, which could just be shock, or my way of coping, but i dont think so.

I will write something this week as his funeral is on Friday 4th, and i have got to make a decision.

Will i do a reading / tribute or not? More to the point will i be able to?

But i needed to let you all know that for my dad this journey is over. And his next is just begining. Look after yourself dad you will never be forgotten.

Steve

Decodiver

Steve,

You and your family are in my thoughts.

Condolences,

Dave.

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

My condolences, Steve, am sorry to hear about your dad's passing.

LEARNING CONTINUALLY rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver's Avatar
    Inspo Vision

Classic YBOD

Steve;
    Sympathy and condolences. Please remember your Dad is no longer suffering and is in a better place.
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by rigdiver  View Original Post
    Please remember your Dad is no longer suffering and is in a better place.
    Bill
    Exactly

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3