+ Reply to Thread

Thread: OTS C/L and other stuff

OTS C/L and other stuff

Greetings all,

I'm gearing up for my first rebreather class (Meg) and after looking at/tearing down/reassembling a buddy's meg I have a couple of questions. Some of my questions may be specific to the meg, others may be applicable to other 'breaters with OTS counterlungs...

1. With the meg, it appears to be more secure to run the harness webbing through the channel behind the C/L rather than to use the flimsy-looking velcro system. Has/does anyone do this and if so, what is your analysis of it.

2. If you do use the cahnnel as described, what do you do about d-rings for bail-out bottles on the shoulder

3. General to OTS C/L, where you keep your back-up lights?

4. Does anyone still use the lower C/L attachement on the crotch strap as supplied with the meg or have you moved to some other attachement system.

I'm sure to have about a thousand other questions in the near future, but this might give me a start...

I'll also go over & 'greet', telling you a bit more about myself.

Tim

Decodiver
    Quote Originally Posted by trob09
    Greetings all,

I'm gearing up for my first rebreather class (Meg) and after looking at/tearing down/reassembling a buddy's meg I have a couple of questions. Some of my questions may be specific to the meg, others may be applicable to other 'breaters with OTS counterlungs...

1. With the meg, it appears to be more secure to run the harness webbing through the channel behind the C/L rather than to use the flimsy-looking velcro system. Has/does anyone do this and if so, what is your analysis of it.

2. If you do use the cahnnel as described, what do you do about d-rings for bail-out bottles on the shoulder

3. General to OTS C/L, where you keep your back-up lights?

4. Does anyone still use the lower C/L attachement on the crotch strap as supplied with the meg or have you moved to some other attachement system.

I'm sure to have about a thousand other questions in the near future, but this might give me a start...

I'll also go over & 'greet', telling you a bit more about myself.

Tim
    Hi Tim,

Here goes......

1. The velcro straps are fine as they are really just to position the lungs over the harness.

2. I have a Custom Divers harness fitted to my backplate which has all the necessary d-rings.

3. I have a backup umbilical that I clip the head on to a d-ring on my waistband.

4. Yes I use the lower C/L attachment and think it is a great system. Securely tightening the bottom of the counterlung is much more important than routing the shoulder straps. In fact you can not bother with attaching the C/Ls to the shoulder straps and just secure the base with the clips provided. If you want to......

Cheers

Dave Cooper

Thanks Dave. I've been warned that moving to rebreathers is like starting over. As I was looking over the unit last night, I can start to see why...

+ Reply to Thread