+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nice starting point for a HomeBuild Sidemount unit...

RBW Member Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan's Avatar

Nice starting point for a HomeBuild Sidemount unit...

Just spotted this on e-bay... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Frog-rebreathe...QQcmdZViewItem

Could be a nice starting point for a sidemount/bailout unit, due to the design with internal counterlung, and a small scrubber size.

Simon

PFO free :) pchanning is just really nice pchanning is just really nice pchanning is just really nice pchanning is just really nice pchanning is just really nice pchanning is just really nice pchanning is just really nice pchanning is just really nice pchanning is just really nice pchanning is just really nice pchanning's Avatar
    Go on buy it...

But you dont need it...

You know you want to...

Dont listen to him...

MWA, HA, HAAAARRR...

... tell me thats not what's going beside you're head!

RBW Member Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie's Avatar
    cool

wonder what the reserve is?

could be a bargin

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

RBW Member Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Greekbird
    Go on buy it...

But you dont need it...

You know you want to...

Dont listen to him...

MWA, HA, HAAAARRR...

... tell me thats not what's going beside you're head!
    You know me too well!!

I reckon John should get 2 of these, and strap them to his Poo-Bin to give him the triple redundancy that he seems to be striving for!

Johnny The Hatch Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad's Avatar
    CCR2000, Megalodon, Homebuilt

Norge, FGT, mk15, KISS, Inspo

everything about this one says to me that it is a fraud. This auction has been up before, the location is in London germany and finally the price, its too cheap.

/Jonny

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar
    Arrr the Frog - it was with difficuly I maintained a straight face @ DEMA whilst being told that their scrubber got a guaranteed 2 horus per pound of scrubber(4 hours form their 2 pound scrubber) regardless of depth and they had tested that to Navy protocols!

Stuart

Quote Originally Posted by schford
    Arrr the Frog - it was with difficuly I maintained a straight face @ DEMA whilst being told that their scrubber got a guaranteed 2 horus per pound of scrubber(4 hours form their 2 pound scrubber) regardless of depth and they had tested that to Navy protocols!

Stuart
    I'm not disagreeing that that does sould like rather far fetched figures. It's still quite a tidy design.

I did have a thought about the design though... Is it effectively a pendulim rebreather? Do you breathe out, through the scrubber, into the counterlung, then breathe in the gas from the c-lung, back through the scrubber a second time?

If this was the case, I could see how a such a tiny scrubber would work, as it can work on the gas twice - any CO2 that passed through the first time (due to short dwell time perhaps) would get a second chance at being scrubbed?

Maybe I'm talking bollocks...

Si

PRISM DIVER & LUVIN IT! dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000's Avatar
    I am not sure about that. I was told that the penudulim design was very inefficient, so inefficent that it was taken off the market, I am supprised that there is still a manufacture using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Padowan
    I'm not disagreeing that that does sould like rather far fetched figures. It's still quite a tidy design.

I did have a thought about the design though... Is it effectively a pendulim rebreather? Do you breathe out, through the scrubber, into the counterlung, then breathe in the gas from the c-lung, back through the scrubber a second time?

If this was the case, I could see how a such a tiny scrubber would work, as it can work on the gas twice - any CO2 that passed through the first time (due to short dwell time perhaps) would get a second chance at being scrubbed?

Maybe I'm talking bollocks...

Si

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar
    The Pendulum design I have been told is very very efficient - in fact Gordan Smith, used it as the inspiration for the way he designed the Sport Kiss scrubber.

I have talked to Gordon about how that works and it is most effecient when it comes to a persons normal use even whilst working, at a constant high flow rate with high gas velocity is becomes slightly less efficient (basically the corners done get used).

Stuart

PRISM DIVER & LUVIN IT! dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000's Avatar

Question

According to Jeff Bozanic "Mastering Rebreathers" Cp 7 p. 172 par. 2

Pendulum axil flow canisters pass the gas back and fourth thru the canister allowing the absorbant at both ends to effectively scrub the gas. However, this design had a large dead space in the breathing hose, and its use has been discontinued in modern rebreather designs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast