+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Meg Hose Protector

New Member bmattson is an unknown quantity at this point bmattson's Avatar

Meg Hose Protector

I going to take the CCR cave course in 10 days. For those that dive megs in caves do you use anything to protect the top half of the loop. It seems fairly well protected from the onboard tanks but I've never been in a cave before.

Thanks

Bill

S21 M.I.B. cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier's Avatar
    Hi,

I protect all my breathing hoses with some custom made neoprene cover (2mm).

It's a good protection against abrasion (more likely in wrecks than in cave, or you should work on your buoyancy... ). It's also a good thermal insulator and also gives some extra buoyancy to the mouthpiece (to avoid jaw fatigue during long cave dives).

Cheers

Megalegalegalegadingdong! nmanfield is just really nice nmanfield is just really nice nmanfield is just really nice nmanfield is just really nice nmanfield is just really nice nmanfield is just really nice nmanfield is just really nice nmanfield is just really nice nmanfield is just really nice nmanfield's Avatar
    try John Routley on the site - http://www.narkedat90.co.uk/10.htmlOrdered mine yesterday

PROTEC MEXICO mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bmattson
    I going to take the CCR cave course in 10 days. For those that dive megs in caves do you use anything to protect the top half of the loop. It seems fairly well protected from the onboard tanks but I've never been in a cave before.

Thanks

Bill
    The Meg people ar emaking hose covers. I have still a set that was made for the cave movie shoot and is still on my unit. uring the Wakulla II project we had some made by Bil Stone, out of kevlar.

The bumping into the cave should be minimized as much as possible not only to protect our units, but for conservation reasons, protecting the cave.

If I had contact with my Meg it was at the thick handle, designed to take the shock.

Matt
    www.protecdiving.com

PRISM DIVER & LUVIN IT! dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000's Avatar

Cool

I see you are in the USA Try OXYCEQ http://oxycheq.com/index.html
    Quote Originally Posted by bmattson

Thanks

Bill

+ Reply to Thread