+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Hello from Miflex Hoses

RBW Member dreamdive has disabled reputation dreamdive's Avatar
    Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer

Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima, 7

Re: Hello from Miflex Hoses

Quote Originally Posted by colinicky  View Original Post
    No they were not made that long ago if you pm Graham.Smith over on yd he can tell you a LOT more about them .
    Call me a coward, chicken or ...... but I am going to replace the HP miflex with a regular HP hose for my deco reg. I cannot afford getting bend because of a busted HP hose while on deco! We are trying to be as safe as possible. I am not a woman enough to risk an underwater failure on decompression. The company is not responding to this issues adequately for me to be comfortable. "Peter" from miflex joined and then abandoned further Q/A's on this blog. I would have assumed that miflex would monitor other forums such as the one I checked out today "yorkshire divers". Since June, 2010 there has been a lot of reports on the HP miflex hoses failing, but there has been no Miflex company response. May be all political, but if these reports are untrue you would think miflex would respond. ?? In their defense, they have been very prompt to my emails but have not supplied me with the specs I have asked them for today. This blog may have been initiated 2008, but specific answers have not been given, in either this forum or their website.

Phil Siswick, Tango PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

APD Inspiration, Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by dreamdive  View Original Post
    Call me a coward, chicken or ...... but I am going to replace the HP miflex with a regular HP hose for my deco reg. I cannot afford getting bend because of a busted HP hose while on deco! We are trying to be as safe as possible. I am not a woman enough to risk an underwater failure on decompression.
    I'd call you very sensible. It's not something I'd want preying on my mind either.

It's a shame - these hoses promised much.

Cheers,

Phil

RBW Member colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky's Avatar
    rEvo III micro FT

Inspiration Vision, rEvo II Hy

Quote Originally Posted by dreamdive  View Original Post
    Call me a coward, chicken or ......
    Nope not all, like Phil I would call it being sensible . Would also agree that MiFlex response to this problem has been abysmal to say the least. Graham over on Yorkshire Divers was the person who started all the complaining about the hoses etc that was why I suggested asking him any specific questions as he has had a lot more to do with it than anybody else .

RBW Member colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky's Avatar
    rEvo III micro FT

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Kazma  View Original Post
    When are you going to produce a HP hose that is 47.2in/120cm (for a rEvo spg)?
    Have you not read about all the HP hose failures ? Personally I would not want to play Russian Roulette with Miflex HP hoses !

Roland Somodi rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver's Avatar
    Homebuilt(s)

Inspiration Classic

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Kazma  View Original Post
    When are you going to produce a HP hose that is 47.2in/120cm (for a rEvo spg)?
    You can order custom hose lengths. Also I just bought 2ea 100cm long HP hoses from them for my homebuilt. I think I should have done more research before spent the money. lesson learnt.

VR

Roland

A quick question (from a non-deco, non-rebreather diver). Do I understand correctly that in some cases the regulator that you put in your mouth includes both stages or a single HP to ambient stage?

edit: I just realised the HP hose probably for the SPG, right? (brainfart...)
    Last edited by JanK; 6th July 2010 at 12:07.

rEvo III micro FT

Talking Re: Hello from Miflex Hoses

Quote Originally Posted by JanK  View Original Post

edit: I just realised the HP hose probably for the SPG, right? (brainfart...)

Ermm yes I think !

Roland Somodi rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver's Avatar
    Homebuilt(s)

Inspiration Classic

Yeah, I think on a fantastic invention called SPAREAIR both stages are in one enclosure. But I don't think that too many of us (if any) use it

rol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4