+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pyramid Scheme Ads on RBW?

Annoying fish since 1992 Patto_chan is an unknown quantity at this point Patto_chan's Avatar

Question Pyramid Scheme Ads on RBW?

I noticed this ad at the bottom of a few threads on Rebreather World lately.
    The link leads to a site which offers details on a (get rich quick) 'reverse funnel scheme' which I think is commonly known as a pyramid scheme.

I don't know how Google Ads works and if it is possible to filter such undesirable ads out?
    I know the denizens of Rebreather World are too smart to fall for any schemes :D:D but I'd rather see ads for dive related goods and services.

If occasional aberrant ads are an inevitability and trying to filter them out causes more trouble than its worth then feel free to ignore my bleatings.:o

RBW Member sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave's Avatar
    Sports Kiss

Re: Pyramid Scheme Ads on RBW?

Thanks for pointing it out to us, we can block specific ads that are deemed unsuitable for our audience so to speak...

google ads are, unfortunately due to the costs of running the site, a necessary evil, but we can say if we don't want specific ones.

Cheers, CD

Rebreather World Mod

:edit, I must say, the ads are based on the text of the page... so we get a lot of ROV ads, dive shop ads, etc... and unfortunately, in the memorial forum, we get a lot of ads for funeral parlors, lawyers, and such. It is all based on the text of the page. Not sure where you saw that ad, but there must have been a few key words there.......
    Last edited by sadave; 16th January 2008 at 12:27.

RBW Member mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot's Avatar

Re: Pyramid Scheme Ads on RBW?

Oh dear! In the SCRUBS forum we are discussing a picture of Richie mounting John while diving in Key Largo this past weekend. What kind of ads are going to pop up there??!! :D

+ Reply to Thread