+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The All new hammerhead eCCR anyone?

RBW Member lobin is an unknown quantity at this point lobin's Avatar

The All new hammerhead eCCR anyone?

Hello All

Newbie here...

Just looking around at rebreathers, courses/types etc etc, have been meaning to get into rebreather diving for a few years but not economically viable until more recently...

Am based in Thailand and am looking at doing a Inspiration/Meg combined course soon. But have just caught sight of this site http://www.rebreather.us/

Hammerhead eCCR, any thoughts at all? To a not yet avid rebreatheroid, me, it seems to look quite good although not sure about training/support/service in Asia

Thanks in advance
    Lobin

ANDI IT #47 andibk will become famous soon enough andibk will become famous soon enough andibk will become famous soon enough andibk's Avatar
    Hammerhead, Optima and Nautilu

Hammerhead, Inspiration, Kiss

Re: The All new hammerhead eCCR anyone?

Lobin
    I have one friend that owns one and another friend just buying one and doing his course in February. Have never had the chance to dive one myself but hopefully one day. The unit has some of the highest rated equipment on it. Looks to be a top rb in the $10,000 price range.

andibk

RBW Member lobin is an unknown quantity at this point lobin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andibk  View Original Post
    Lobin
    I have one friend that owns one and another friend just buying one and doing his course in February. Have never had the chance to dive one myself but hopefully one day. The unit has some of the highest rated equipment on it. Looks to be a top Rebreather in the $10,000 price range.

andibk
    hi andibk, thanks for the reply.

just got a reply from the manufacturers, USD 10500, as yet not really supported in asia, which makes it a lot more expensive for training/services/supplies/spares as i am sure you can understand living in thailand yourself. import duties etc etc

it certainly looks pretty top notch, if this is not a possibility then i was looking at going for a Meg or an Inspiration Vision piece.

Hammerhead CCR diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

Sidekick & Others

Quote Originally Posted by lobin  View Original Post
    Hello All

Newbie here...

Just looking around at rebreathers, courses/types etc etc, have been meaning to get into rebreather diving for a few years but not economically viable until more recently...

Am based in Thailand and am looking at doing a Inspiration/Meg combined course soon. But have just caught sight of this site http://www.rebreather.us/

Hammerhead eCCR, any thoughts at all? To a not yet avid rebreatheroid, me, it seems to look quite good although not sure about training/support/service in Asia

Thanks in advance
    Lobin
    Lobin,

I am diving one and could not be happier with it....

Please feel free to PM me with any questions that you may have..

Dive Safe...

Mark

ANDI IT #47 andibk will become famous soon enough andibk will become famous soon enough andibk will become famous soon enough andibk's Avatar
    Hammerhead, Optima and Nautilu

Hammerhead, Inspiration, Kiss

Lobin
    From a email from my friend I think he may be swinging by Thailand after doing his training and will have the hh with him. I will be able to supply the manuals for the hh once Joe gets done writing the manual itself. It is possible to sweat talk Joe to coming over here to teach some courses. Joe has been over here in Asia before and I have been trying to get him over here for some cave diving also.

andibk

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andibk  View Original Post
    ...It is possible to sweat talk Joe...
    Is that what you do after you have sweet talked him, and got no where ? ;)

EBT called me stroppy! Jordan will become famous soon enough Jordan will become famous soon enough Jordan will become famous soon enough Jordan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lobin  View Original Post
    just got a reply from the manufacturers

I wish I could get a response from JM about my new handsets in for service...

Sorta New Member w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley's Avatar
    JM Hammerhead

ISC Hammer-MEG

I have a Meg with HH electronics. HH electronics do offer a real-time decompression computer that looks at the actual PO2 you're breathing, the actual depth you're at, and the gas you have told your computer you're using (plus your programmed gradient factor, etc.).

By the time I paid for a HH + trimix upgrade, added a Golem BOV, added my off board connections, etc., I could have bought a HH CCR and saved a few thousand dollars. And, IMO, if extended duration time for your scrubber is important, then the HH CCR offers a good way to go. Upgrading my scrubber to the HH's would be another $1,000 +/- (US) contribution to Golem.

(I wish Golem would go public, so I could at least buy some stock.)

I looked at the HH CCR in Florida a few months ago, put my hands all over it and was impressed.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a Meg believer and have appreciated every dive with her (yes, she's my girl -- our relationship is more personal now like I imagine is true with most divers and their RBs). Still, when I look at her and the HH CCR I see more in common than apart -- after all of my upgrades. It's just that out of the box the HH offers so much more for so much less.

I don't blame you for asking the question about which unit to buy, but, it really doesn't matter which unit you end up with. Next year there will be a newer and better one out there, and the same thing the year after that. Same problem with laptops, etc. Just get a unit that you can afford and that you can get serviced. Dive it, dive it, and enjoy life. Truthfully, they're all pretty good units. I'm sure everyone on this list feels the same way about their RBs.

For what it's worth, I put a lot of stock in what Mark Nix says and he just bought a HH CCR. Must be nice to have both good looks and money, too!

Regards,

Bill

Randy Thornton Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict's Avatar
    Hammerhead Sentinel Evolution

Optima Inspiration Prism 2

I have one on order. I saw it at DEMA and fell in love!:) The thing is built like a tank, and very well thought out. Can't wait until the end of January when it ships!

All IMVHO obviously... Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field's Avatar
    NVMCCR Inspiration

Classic KISS, Sport KISS

Quote Originally Posted by w ripley  View Original Post
    I don't blame you for asking the question about which unit to buy, but, it really doesn't matter which unit you end up with. Next year there will be a newer and better one out there, and the same thing the year after that. Same problem with laptops, etc.
    IMO Yes and No... There is a now steady stream of units appearing and at the same time there are a fair number of people who swear buy and wouldn't even consider changing their "old" units.

So Yes- there will always be something new on the market but No- it will not always be better than what you have.

(Not just saying that because I'm a KISS diver, and we all secretly KNOW that it is the best rebreather ever.... Got to comment before a Meg owner says the same thing ;))

But as you say-
    Quote Originally Posted by w ripley  View Original Post
    Just get a unit that you can afford and that you can get serviced. Dive it, dive it, and enjoy life. Truthfully, they're all pretty good units. I'm sure everyone on this list feels the same way about their RBs.
    With that I couldn't agree more...

The HH looks like an impressive combination but considering your location- servicing is the vital element, does the HH allow you to do this yourself, will you need to return it often, Can you buy the right batteries locally?

Welcome to the minefield of rebreather selection and good luck!

+ Reply to Thread