+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Draeger Dolphin dead ...but parts will be available

RBW Member caver99 is a jewel in the rough caver99 is a jewel in the rough caver99 is a jewel in the rough caver99 is a jewel in the rough caver99 is a jewel in the rough caver99 is a jewel in the rough caver99 is a jewel in the rough caver99 is a jewel in the rough caver99's Avatar
    eStroke

Draeger Dolphin dead ...but parts will be available

Hi Folks,

there have been some (many) discussions of what is going on on distribution of Draeger parts.
    I just received some official information from Draeger Lübeck.

Fact: Aqualung is NOT any more the distributor
    A new one is coming up theses days, in Munich

Fact: there will be NO more new Dolphins built or sold!
    all in stock units are gone !

Fact: spare parts will be availabe as in the past

So no Dolphin SCR, mCCR or whatever Dlphin based homebuilter will have a problem in the near (middle) future.
    They told me all parts will be available as usual, just no more complete units will be build and sold.

So guys, we can go relaxed into 2008....no big problem coming up for Dolphin users...

Greetings and a safe diving 2008 to all of you.

Martin

Custom Title Allowed! Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef's Avatar

Re: Draeger Dolphin dead ...but parts will be available

May I suggest that everyone print out the following, glue A to B and place it on their arm.
    Attached Images

Mark Hilley firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver's Avatar
    Kiss Sport

Dolphin, Ray, Homebuild

Martin, Thank you for the info. I was quite concerned about the future for us Dolphin users. As long as we can still get service parts we ought to be able to maintain our units for years to come. No doubt you'll be very popular in the coming years! Thanks again, FD.

Quote Originally Posted by caver99  View Original Post
    Hi Folks,

there have been some (many) discussions of what is going on on distribution of Draeger parts.
    I just received some official information from Draeger Lübeck.

Fact: Aqualung is NOT any more the distributor
    A new one is coming up theses days, in Munich

Fact: there will be NO more new Dolphins built or sold!
    all in stock units are gone !

So no Dolphin SCR, mCCR or whatever Dlphin based homebuilter will have a problem in the near (middle) future.
    They told me all parts will be available as usual, just no more complete units will be build and sold.

So guys, we can go relaxed into 2008....no big problem coming up for Dolphin users...

Greetings and a safe diving 2008 to all of you.

Martin

salut Martin,
    so no problem, when the spares part stock will end , you will just have to produce them yourself (((-: under drager licence (((-:
    regards
    jean mi

Divemaster ken chung ar is on a distinguished road ken chung ar is on a distinguished road ken chung ar's Avatar
    Inhabitant of the City of the Garden for Sharing Pleasure with Every Man and Woman, JAPAN

Quote Originally Posted by caver99  View Original Post

Martin
    hi Martin,

thank you for your excellent news! i am one of your customers in japan and now feeling relaxed because the parts will be available for a while.

btw, do you know why Draeger ceases to build new units of Dolphin?

Quote Originally Posted by ken chung ar  View Original Post
    hi Martin,

thank you for your excellent news! i am one of your customers in japan and now feeling relaxed because the parts will be available for a while.

btw, do you know why Draeger ceases to build new units of Dolphin?
    martin said no new unit would be buit or sold il the future.
    as for the spares let's be cool
    as a matter of fact drager will go on producing rebreather parts and those parts will alaways fit the dolphin, mabye some time with tecme adaptors in the worst case but I doubt we are going to be banned from diving our machines.
    in addition the market does not like vacum , many manufacturer will take the left place to produce what we need.
    drager has sold thousand's of units.
    I am not afraid
    I would be more afraid if I owned a rebreather that has not be produced widely and that is produced by a very small company that could go belly up
    the dolphin/atlantis was one of the first rb to be widely produced,

were are just vintage divers now (((-:

regards

jean mi

An independent diver. bletso is just really nice bletso is just really nice bletso is just really nice bletso is just really nice bletso is just really nice bletso is just really nice bletso is just really nice bletso is just really nice bletso is just really nice bletso's Avatar
    MCCR Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by jmurba  View Original Post
    we are just vintage divers now (((-:
    jean mi
    Are you trying to say something? :) :) I quess me and my rebreather should get along famously. At least I don't need a cane. (yet)

Dale

Smile Re: Draeger Dolphin dead ...but parts will be available

Quote Originally Posted by bletso  View Original Post
    Are you trying to say something? :) :) I quess me and my rebreather should get along famously. At least I don't need a cane. (yet)

Dale
    I don't have a cane either, but sure I would not be able to cave dive in chilly watters like you do..(((-:
    as for the dolphin it is a petty that draeger failed in making the 3 only things that the dolphin needed :
    a bigger bc, a harder shell and a decent oxymeter.

Custom Title Allowed! Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmurba  View Original Post
    I don't have a cane either, but sure I would not be able to cave dive in chilly watters like you do..(((-:
    as for the dolphin it is a petty that draeger failed in making the 3 only things that the dolphin needed :
    a bigger bc, a harder shell and a decent oxymeter.
    The BC is made by AP Valves [Buddy] if it's a black one. I have two Buddy BC's, a Commando and an Explorer. They have dump valves that don't let in water, a huge ammount of lift and fit perfectly.

The one on the Drager was designed after a trip to the pub, and leak water through the dumps, have not a lot of lift [although I manage OK in a wetsuit with mine] and fit where they touch.

RBW Member david higgins is an unknown quantity at this point david higgins's Avatar

thanks for the info,
    i recentlt purchased a new dolphin and was thinking of buying another for my wife, i will have to look elsewhere, the unit was ideal for the photo diving we do in spain as not too involved as getting spares delivered is a nonesense here, and the simpler the system the better. i hope yopu are right, and i agree with the reply that says nature deplors a vacuum, so some one will hopefully fill it.
    dave:D

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast