+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: just stupid or...

Holiday diver denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel's Avatar

just stupid or...

Was wondering for the ppo2 monitoring in my atlantis....
    Could I be lazy and add 3 p-ports to my inhale bag and stick a sensor in each, or are you right now thinking that I should cut back on drugs and booze?
    I see no reason not to do it, but it might be that the bag gets too rigid/ stiff, or that the chance of ripping the bag while diving gets bigger, or

response highly appriciated, also if you're not an expert.

denz.

Duvet Diver Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A's Avatar
    Denzel,
    Is your atlantis converted to CCR or is it stock? If it's stock 3 cells is probably overkill, 1 would work as an indication. If you want 3 cells, then it's possible to machine up a single P port plug that holds 3 cells (I know Narked@90 has done it)
    HTH
    Simon A

ZeroEmissions Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad's Avatar
    Sentinel/Boris/Evo/Liberty

HomeBuild, AP Classic, Path

Quote Originally Posted by denzel
    Could I be lazy and add 3 p-ports to my inhale bag and stick a sensor in each, or are you right now thinking that I should cut back on drugs and booze?
    I see no reason not to do it, but it might be that the bag gets too rigid/ stiff, or that the chance of ripping the bag while diving gets bigger, or

denz.
    Hi denzel,
    Have a look here http://www.ppo2.com/default.htm, maybe you can find something interesting.

Good luck.

Nad

New Member LukeN is on a distinguished road LukeN is on a distinguished road LukeN's Avatar
    Hi Denz,

I drilled ahole in the scrubber and mounted 3 DO5Rb cells in the exhale side under the metal grill.This way you can use proper sized cells (I ate a set of K1d's in 9 months!)

Luke

denz.

Holiday diver denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel's Avatar
    Simon, my atlantis is an incomplete stock. Everything unnessesary for ccr is stripped, and the rest is waiting for me to get of my arse and a kiss valve to arrive.

Nad, I know mark's site, and i'll order the 3 display thingie soon, but have to date found nuffin for the cells to go into dolphin/ atlantis on his otherwise great site!

Luke, I was a bit hesitant to start hacking and drilling away in the scrubber, since this is a bloody expensive piece of plastic. And I wouldn't wanna root it and be stuck with buying a new one, and still not having a solution. But it might be the way to go. Any chance you could send me a picture.......
    Coming to think of it, there is actually enuff space in the scrubber. Will look into that on saturday when the scrubber comes back from the tailor (mum) for it's tailormade 7 mm neoprene coat. Bloody cold dutch waters.

thanx all, and please, if you think of something else.......

denz.

Darlene Starr - DIY Diva Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeN
    Hi Denz,

I drilled ahole in the scrubber and mounted 3 DO5Rb cells in the exhale side under the metal grill.This way you can use proper sized cells (I ate a set of K1d's in 9 months!)

Luke
    Maybe I'm missing something here, but unless you moved the ADV to the exhale bag in place of the OPV, and if it's ccr converted, are also adding your O2 thru the ADV, then the scrubber would be a poor location to monitor PO2 from.

I'm guessing yours must be a conversion like Kerry's, although you didn't mention that?

Darlene

Darlene Starr - DIY Diva Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen's Avatar

denz.
    I'm assuming that since you're wondering about adding 3 p-ports, you don't already have one for an Oxygage. Or are you looking to have 4 cells total?

Fitting 2 cell holders into the bag seems to work pretty well for many, as long as the placement gives them room to move about some. (generally the area above the scrubber) If you tried putting 3 there, I believe it'd be too crowded. I don't think the lower half of the bag (over the scrubber) lends itself to any intrusions.

As I'm in the early stages of piddling about with HUD circuits and solenoid controls, I'm also looking at having to have more than the 2 cells I currently have.

Good luck on your project.

Darlene

John Routley
    narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90's Avatar
    hi ya, if you need a tripple or double cell holder give me a shout as i make them, they are doudle o-ringed and very sexy,they use k1d and can be used for 1atm housings or ambiant houseing

the one in the picture is the very first one i made but the new ones are very refind
    it comes with a cell protector that screws on to the back of the p-port to stop the bags pressing on to the cells.
    becarefull and dive safe
    kind regards john routley
    Attached Images
    you know...life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,
    Its about learning to dance in the rain..

Supporting Shearwater Research Products in Europe

"Dyson with Death" daddy zepp has a spectacular aura about zepp has a spectacular aura about zepp has a spectacular aura about zepp has a spectacular aura about zepp has a spectacular aura about zepp has a spectacular aura about zepp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by narked at 90
    hi ya, if you need a tripple or double cell holder give me a shout as i make them, they are doudle o-ringed and very sexy,they use k1d and can be used for 1atm housings or ambiant houseing

the one in the picture is the very first one i made but the new ones are very refind
    it comes with a cell protector that screws on to the back of the p-port to stop the bags pressing on to the cells.
    becarefull and dive safe

Me Sir, me sir... Can I have one of those?

John Routley
    narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90's Avatar
    hi zepp, i've just orderd more stock delrin to day so it will be a week or two untill it arives what fittings do you want on it?? cable gland or hose tail?

you know...life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,
    Its about learning to dance in the rain..

Supporting Shearwater Research Products in Europe

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast