+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Aqualung/US Divers drop Draeger SCR's

CCR Instructor devilgas is an unknown quantity at this point devilgas's Avatar

Aqualung/US Divers drop Draeger SCR's

I got al call today from a instructor up north, a very large AL dealer, effective Jan 1st, AL has dropped importing, selling, supporting the Draeger Dolphin.

Not any mention out on Newswire

Their website has been updated, there is no mention anywhere of the product any longer.

What does this mean to the installed based of units and support, or future sales of accessories?

All you with a stash of valves and parts, they just got more valuable.

RBW Member seanpall is an unknown quantity at this point seanpall's Avatar
    Inspo

Re: Aqualung/US Divers drop Draeger SCR's

In all actuality Aqualung didn't drop Drager, the 10 year contract was up and Drager decided not to renew. AL had to send all spare parts back over. From what I understand, US sales of the unit have not been very high the past several years and this was a contributing factor for Drager pulling out. No word as of yet who the new supplier will be, so my guess if anything is needed that you can't find from our members or ebay try contacting Drager direct.

RBW Member dmo85471 is an unknown quantity at this point dmo85471's Avatar

HI ALL
    Same in Australia to. But my local dive shop in Western Australia has bought up all of AL spares for the Dolphin and Ray so I think here we will be ok for some time. David :)

Custom Title Allowed! Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef's Avatar

Another plug for Tecme then? Martin seems to be able to get anything.

An independent diver. bletso is just really nice bletso is just really nice bletso is just really nice bletso is just really nice bletso is just really nice bletso is just really nice bletso is just really nice bletso is just really nice bletso is just really nice bletso's Avatar
    MCCR Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by seanpall  View Original Post
    In all actuality Aqualung didn't drop Drager, the 10 year contract was up and Drager decided not to renew. AL had to send all spare parts back over. From what I understand, US sales of the unit have not been very high the past several years and this was a contributing factor for Drager pulling out. No word as of yet who the new supplier will be, so my guess if anything is needed that you can't find from our members or ebay try contacting Drager direct.
    There may not be any Dolphin supplier from Draeger. The scuttlebut is Draeger has pulled the plug on retail rebreather sales and support. No more parts or rebreathers for us recreational divers. If so, great news for the Europeans and Tecme. We don't have a like supplier here in the US. I did buy a lot of repair pieces in the past months in order to support my clients.

Let's face it, the price they get for the hassle may not have been worth it. The military sales bring in very large profits and minimum liability concerns.

Dale

CCR Instructor devilgas is an unknown quantity at this point devilgas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seanpall  View Original Post
    10 years wont be up until 2012. In 2002 I went to the Bahamas and rrained alot of their East coast sales reps, they had the launch at DEMA that year.

Something else caused either AL or Draeger to cancel short.

rEvo's daddy
    paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers's Avatar
    rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by Freef  View Original Post
    Another plug for Tecme then? Martin seems to be able to get anything.
    Also in europe aqualung stopped completely with Drager rebreathers, but Drager appointed a new German reseller that deals the rebreatherparts for europe. (like water&safety did before and still does PERHAPS)

don't have the name here
    paul
    www.rEvo-rebreathers.com
    ...."Yes you have to pre-breathe to activate the scrubber sorb, anyone who says different doesn't know what they are talking about!"...
    .... to get more accurate CO2 injection in the breathing machine we put 2 mass flow controllers in series ...
    .... The noise is a few tens of nano-volts, so DL were able to reduce the output voltage ...
    .... radial scrubbers give longer dwell time than axials...
    .... the earth is flat and ...

Yellow Box Of Delight Humuhumu is an unknown quantity at this point Humuhumu's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

Dolphin (SCR & mCCR)

Hi,

Water & Safety will continue selling parts, they have confirmed it to me. Furthermore, Tecme can help and there are a lot of parts on the market.

I would not understand why Dräger should stop selling us (to such nice prices spare parts for our Dolphins and Rays.

And if they do that, we can also build the parts ourself or adapat other parts...

Cheers

Bertrand

Mark Hilley firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver's Avatar
    Kiss Sport

Dolphin, Ray, Homebuild

I've been rather concerned as well about how we're going to get parts and pieces in the US. I just did my course this past summer and couldn't wait to run out and get a Dolphin. Found a really great deal on a brand new one. I was quite skeptical at first about the low price. Now I know why everyone's unloading them. Drager or Aqualung has bailed out. Where does that leave us poor folks that have invested $$$ in a Dolphin when it comes time for service and repairs? I wonder if some of us will forego or have to extend the service intervals due to parts inavailability? That in itself could make for some scary scenarios. It will only be a matter of time before someone dives a unit overdue for service and gets hurt or killed. Maybe I'm being optomistic but I would think that Drager would still make parts available to the public for this reason. If anyone is affiliated with Drager or knows someone who is, maybe they can get an answer for us. Help!!!!! Thanks, FD.:D

hell is in the details Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T's Avatar
    JOKI/rEVO/HOME MADE

EDO04 Ray

Quote Originally Posted by paulraymaekers  View Original Post
    Also in europe aqualung stopped completely with Drager rebreathers, but Drager appointed a new German reseller that deals the rebreatherparts for europe. (like water&safety did before and still does PERHAPS)

don't have the name here
    paul

AFAIK, marea in "La Garde" in France , dept 83, want to continue to sell either Draeger RB and parts, he always had the best prices in europe for divers.
    Last week he was still discussing with Draeger, Ill let you know
    Marea Diving, achat vente d'équipement et matériel de plongée et de chasse sous-marine