+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Argon bottle size and location -cave diving

Just add ice & water plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma's Avatar
    O2 Apocalypse

DIY, Inspiration Classic

Here's some pictures of my Inspiration mods including argon tank attachment:
    Inspiration modifications

-Pasi

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by plazma
    This is how I got it on OC and CC:
    DIY Argon straps

Cheap and easy to do.

-Pasi
    Just some comments...

I have used a similar approach in the past, but have changed to having the top part out of bungie as well instead of webbing.

The reason being...

It is quicker to make for multiple backplate. Easier to adjust for different tank sizes, etc.

But the most important part is I could slip the tank off/on very quickly and easily while u/w.

Normally we wouldn't have to do that, but when my buddy's argon bottle was 1/2 depleted accidentally during transport and he failed to notice before the dive until we hit almost bottom. Instead of calling the dive, I unplugged from my drysuit, pulled the bottle off, handed to him to add gas. When done, he gave it back and I slipped it in place in seconds.

With the webbing, it would be more difficult to reach up, pull and stretch the top loop to insert the tank.

Just from my experience...

RBW Member Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by plazma
    Here's some pictures of my Inspiration mods including argon tank attachment:
    Inspiration modifications

-Pasi

Thanks Pasi,

Ive set mine up in the same way. Ill see how I get on this weekend.

PRISM DIVER & LUVIN IT! dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000's Avatar
    What days will you be in FL ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drmike
    Hi,

I have a drysuit inflation bottle that is only 0.5L (2CF) is this likely to be sufficient for Florida cave diving? Im assuming 200bar air fill/top up between dives. Or do I have to go buy more damn dive gear!

Wheres a good place to mount it?

Cheers
    Mike

RBW Member Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dive2dive2000
    What days will you be in FL ?

From Nov 7th to 20th, staying at Diveoutpost. I will be stopping by the NACD Annual Seminar on Sat 12th.

The first week for training dives and the second for some real dives.

Looking forward to it immensely

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2