+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Standard Draeger Shell unwanted in UK?

Divetart Smudgegs has a spectacular aura about Smudgegs has a spectacular aura about Smudgegs has a spectacular aura about Smudgegs has a spectacular aura about Smudgegs has a spectacular aura about Smudgegs's Avatar

Standard Draeger Shell unwanted in UK?

Ok forgive me, I know this isn't the for sale / wanted section... but I know lots of you guys read this section more ;)

My Draeger shell has the slot for passing through the dosage device hoses on the lh side only... for the way my set/bc is configured this is a pita as I'd like to swap the main cylinder valve to the right and run the pony on the left...

So...

Does anyone in the uk have a spare shell lying around with the slot on the right hand side (as you wear it) or on both sides?
    If you don't want it can I have it!? :)

Cheers ;)
    Smudge

Custom Title Allowed! Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef's Avatar

Re: Standard Draeger Shell unwanted in UK?

There should be space to pass the hoses between the wing and shell at the bottom corners. I don't use the slot at all.

Hows the vO2???

Divetart Smudgegs has a spectacular aura about Smudgegs has a spectacular aura about Smudgegs has a spectacular aura about Smudgegs has a spectacular aura about Smudgegs has a spectacular aura about Smudgegs's Avatar

Ahhh, hadn't thought of that! Cheers for the useful reply as always!

Now... the VO2... yeah well... I had a bit of a "Homer" moment when we were loading the kit on the boat on Thursday.... and, erm.. my computer had fallen under the seat in the car, so I found myself on the boat with no computer,

Fortunately my buddy had a depth gauge/timer so I went back to the way I was taught on the course and dove it standard... and watched *closely* by my buddy! so I don't know what my VO2 was on the dives

I'll try to remember my computer next time though(!) once this cold clears anyway

Nice dives though, we went out with Malcolm of Loch Fyne charters (Fyne Diving?) on his boat Little Blue and although the side of the loch with the wrecks in was weathered out we had a couple of very good scenics with 6m++ viz (good given recent weather!). Good enough to keep two committed rust monkeys down for 50 minutes! Every time I've dived Loch Fyne the life has been way larger and more prolific than the other sea lochs I've dived. Worth a look if you like fish bothering / photography.

edited to add, Had a quick look at the shell again David, do you mean the bottom corners under the waistbelt "wings", or above them? Seems (without trying it out) awfully tight above the waistbelt and I'm not sure I've got long enough hoses to go under it? Do you have any pics of that part of your setup?
    Thanks again,
    Smudge
    Last edited by Smudgegs; 5th January 2008 at 10:49.

Custom Title Allowed! Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef's Avatar

There you go.

I have my HP hose on a swivel which helps.
    Attached Images

Cheers for those, I shall have a play and a couple of dry builds later I think :) I see you have the black wing (European?) is it any better than the blue one? (ie the one with no lift )

The black wing is made by AP Valves, knwon for their high lift BCD's that have valves that stop water ingress when you use the pull dumps.

Unfortunately these features are lacking on the one they fit to the Dolphin.

And the harness is crap too.

Quote Originally Posted by Freef  View Original Post
    The black wing is made by AP Valves, knwon for their high lift BCD's that have valves that stop water ingress when you use the pull dumps.

Unfortunately these features are lacking on the one they fit to the Dolphin.

And the harness is crap too.
    pmsl, you almost cost me another keyboard there :p
    That'll be just like the blue one then!!

Incidentally, my regular buddy (Natts the Dive Tart) is seriously considering getting a Dolph, but he is of erm... more "robust" proportions ;) have you ever seen a L or better yet XL dolphin stab jacket?

Mine is marked Medium so I imagine there must be some somewhere... but all the ones at the school I trained at were med so I don't know if AP just said "stuff it it's crap anyway, just bang 'em all out the same size", ..and it's certainly too small for the Dive Tart!

I'm 5'10" 12½ stone and the black wing is big on me-I had to tighten it a lot to get a good fit [in a drysuit].

+ Reply to Thread