+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Octopus on a Drager First Stage

RBD one dive at a time... pete611 will become famous soon enough pete611 will become famous soon enough pete611 will become famous soon enough pete611's Avatar

Question Octopus on a Drager First Stage

Has anybady tryed to adapte a octopus on a Drager Dolphin First Stage.so you can used a 50cf. tank to dive and deco.if you have any pic or photo please...or tell me how...

RBW Member fragstone is an unknown quantity at this point fragstone's Avatar
    Poseidom MKVI

Submatix mccr, UBS40, Dolphin

Re: Octopus on a Drager First Stage

Hi,

in Germany an will look on tecme website. Tauchen - Cave, Nitrox, Rebreather Ausbildung, Tec Ausrüstung, Reisen

bye
    Thomas

Born Again Diver! Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w's Avatar
    Kiss, JJ

Ray, APOC, rEvo

Hi Pete,
    There is an issue because the Drager 1st Stage is fixed IP and high at about 16 bar I think. What a few people have done is use a H-Valve, so that they can run a seperate 1st stage from the same tank for bailout etc. And if need be shut down the dolphin dosage.

Hope this helps

Dave

Yellow Box Of Delight Humuhumu is an unknown quantity at this point Humuhumu's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

Dolphin (SCR & mCCR)

Hi,

you cannot use the first stage of the Dolphin, it is fixed MP (between 15 to 17 bars)... and you would need adapters as standard hoses don' t fit...Put another valve on the tank and mount a second bail out first stage on it. An other option is to put a separate tank on the side of the Dolphin (I used to do it this way), but this is only for no decompression dives as it is a 2 liter tank...

You can go to Tauchen - Cave, Nitrox, Rebreather Ausbildung, Tec Ausrüstung, Reisen or on the V4TEC side (for the rail systems you need), personaly I have taken a Hydrogom shell, so I can do what I want (Martin from Tecme can help you).

Cheers

Bertrand

Custom Title Allowed! Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef's Avatar

Here's my 10L with H valve that I use with my Dolphin. The lower picture is how I mount it, with the Drager valve upmost.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Freef; 5th January 2008 at 21:42. Reason: clarity added.

Divetart Smudgegs has a spectacular aura about Smudgegs has a spectacular aura about Smudgegs has a spectacular aura about Smudgegs has a spectacular aura about Smudgegs has a spectacular aura about Smudgegs's Avatar

How do you find the balance with the 10 David? Doesn't it make you a bit tail heavy in the water?

RBW Member Divein is an unknown quantity at this point Divein's Avatar

Talking Re: Octopus on a Drager First Stage

Sorry to hijack thread but if interested PM me 1 x Faber 10L with 'H' valve (otherwise known as a TWIN OUTLET MODULAR VALVE - DIN convertible. Tested until June 2008, O2 test ran out at end of September. (ideal for use with a Dolphin SCR - recommended by BSAC) £60 ono - delivery at cost.

Custom Title Allowed! Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smudgegs  View Original Post
    How do you find the balance with the 10 David? Doesn't it make you a bit tail heavy in the water?
    Not really, with the increase in weight there is a corresponding increase in volume. I'll look at the weights and volumes on the tanks when i get a chance.

+ Reply to Thread