+ Reply to Thread

Thread: smaller harness

Supporting Member Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli's Avatar
    rEvoMicro w.hybrid&dsix stand

rEvoII fullsize

smaller harness

how are folks dealing with drysuit to wet suit transitions?

planning on a trip to florida and warm wetsuit diving. but i have a harness set for drysuit. do i need to adjust it? is there anything out of the obvious i need to know?

seems like i would mark the webbing with a marker, then tighten it so the unit is in right place in wetsuit, then loosen for drysuit again after trip.

or would it be easier to use the diverite harness?
    Marv

fidelis Ad Mortem

rEvo's daddy
    paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers's Avatar
    rEvo

Re: smaller harness

Quote Originally Posted by kybrt  View Original Post
    how are folks dealing with drysuit to wet suit transitions?

planning on a trip to florida and warm wetsuit diving. but i have a harness set for drysuit. do i need to adjust it? is there anything out of the obvious i need to know?

seems like i would mark the webbing with a marker, then tighten it so the unit is in right place in wetsuit, then loosen for drysuit again after trip.

or would it be easier to use the diverite harness?
    hello Marv, that's the reason why we offer an optional adjustable harness, the one that you can 'strapp' when you have it on your back.
    In 2008 ALL rEvo's will be equipped with an adjustable luxury DO harness.

For you at the moment, best thing is simply to do what you describe

best regards and have some nice diving!!

paul
    www.rEvo-rebreathers.com
    ...."Yes you have to pre-breathe to activate the scrubber sorb, anyone who says different doesn't know what they are talking about!"...
    .... to get more accurate CO2 injection in the breathing machine we put 2 mass flow controllers in series ...
    .... The noise is a few tens of nano-volts, so DL were able to reduce the output voltage ...
    .... radial scrubbers give longer dwell time than axials...
    .... the earth is flat and ...

"Two Sheds" Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos's Avatar
    JJ Rebreather

Classic Kiss

When I move from wet to dry, there is so much change in weight that I don't use a steel backplate anymore. So I have different harnesses for salt, fresh, and wetsuit.

Janos

Supporting Member Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli's Avatar

rEvoII fullsize

hey paul thanks im going to have to upgrade a few things for 2008.

i hope this doesnt become an annual thing!
    Marv

fidelis Ad Mortem

rEvo combat swimmer fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman's Avatar
    rEvo

Orca

I dove my ancient 3mm wetsuit in Cozumel, the only change I made was tightening the crotch straps, it worked just fine

rEvoII fullsize

kevin- thanx for the input, im thinking maybe w/ my extra fat ill be ok.....

janos, thanks for the tip, but the rEvo doesnt use a seperate backplate, the harness is integrated into the rig.
    Marv

fidelis Ad Mortem

Banned MB is an unknown quantity at this point MB's Avatar

Capt. Al:

In fitting harnesses for many years to guys, I found that the wetsuit and drysuit settings are not as different as you might think. When I make up a new harness for myself now, I do it sitting on the bench in street clothes... I just make the thing up so that it's 'not *really* tight' over street clothes and it'll work then either wet or dry. I'm using a Viking with either Andies Undies or Weezle Extremes, and it always fits fine, and then fits over a wetsuit as well. It's only when I go to the "winter suit", an old 7mm Unisuit, that I need a larger harness.

We're diving tomorrow (Sunday) out of Brielle if you want to come. Shallow-ish wreck, have some digging to do! It's going to be a flat ocean and fairly warm air temperature.

Dave

rEvo's daddy
    paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers's Avatar
    rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by Dave ******  View Original Post
    We're diving tomorrow (Sunday) out of Brielle if you want to come. Shallow-ish wreck, have some digging to do! It's going to be a flat ocean and fairly warm air temperature.
    aaaahhhhhh, no diving here at all....

paul
    www.rEvo-rebreathers.com
    ...."Yes you have to pre-breathe to activate the scrubber sorb, anyone who says different doesn't know what they are talking about!"...
    .... to get more accurate CO2 injection in the breathing machine we put 2 mass flow controllers in series ...
    .... The noise is a few tens of nano-volts, so DL were able to reduce the output voltage ...
    .... radial scrubbers give longer dwell time than axials...
    .... the earth is flat and ...