+ Reply to Thread

Thread: QD Fittings

The Evolution of Diving diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob's Avatar
    Hybrid Meg

MCCR Dolphin, Evolution

QD Fittings

I have a quick question. I was thinking of having a QD fitting on my 2nd stage dil reg that could fit on the manual add hose on the O2 side and use it for OC O2 at 20'. This would give me a O2 supply for OC bailout. Does anyone know if this fitting from Golem Gear would fit the standard LP inflator QC fitting
    Attached Images

RBW Member womble has a spectacular aura about womble has a spectacular aura about womble has a spectacular aura about womble has a spectacular aura about womble has a spectacular aura about womble has a spectacular aura about womble's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

Meg

Re: QD Fittings

no it wont. You will need the corresponding female part to this. If you really wanted to do what you say you will need these to screw into the manual add valves. But then you wont be able to plug your buddies gas into your loop . . http://www.rebreatherworld.com/showthread.php?t=13214

The Evolution of Diving diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob's Avatar
    Hybrid Meg

MCCR Dolphin, Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by womble  View Original Post
    no it wont. You will need the corresponding female part to this. If you really wanted to do what you say you will need these to screw into the manual add valves. But then you wont be able to plug your buddies gas into your loop . . http://www.rebreatherworld.com/showthread.php?t=13214
    Thanks for that and you are right about the fact that I may make my buddies gas useless to me. I suppose if I put the fittings on my O2 add hose and manual add button as well as my OC BO hose off of my dil I would still have the dill side that would fit my buddies hoses, they just may be on the wrong side but I think I could deal with that.

RBW Member Scubaboy is an unknown quantity at this point Scubaboy's Avatar

DiveRite makes a quick connect just for this purpose for the Optima.

Try this link for some info:

SCUBA Diving Equipment and gear for Technical, Wreck and Cave Diving: Dive Rite, Inc - Product Catalog - O2 Bailout Quick Disconnect

I don't know if it will fit the hoses on the Evo. When I had an Inspiration, a number of inflator hoses fit the manual buttons but not all of the ones I tried.

Hope this helps some how.

Nick

+ Reply to Thread