+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Tam Sar Yuan Thong cave,Thailand

RBW Member tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining's Avatar
    Hammerhead, SF2, Megalodon, JJ

Boris, Sentinel, Inspiration,

Re: Tam Sar Yuan Thong cave,Thailand

Quote Originally Posted by jdicediver  View Original Post
    Interesting find...too bad you are not an archaeologist, anthropologist, moralist or understand anything about Buddhist culture. The Buddha Statue signifies the "Enlightened One," the basic idol of Buddhism....as well thier beliefs and morals. It certainly is a good thing that all CCR diver instructors and self professed professionals are not looters and pillagers. Better think twice about keeping that one my friend, and/or be more discerning with those whom you share your pillaged goods! Jealousy? Not even hardly close!
    Thought twice and still keeping it.

Judgments, interesting. You have absolutely no idea of who I am a person but thanks for your thoughts.

I have been here full time in Thailand for some years so have a good Idea of the religion and beliefs but thanks for the insight

RBW Member tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining's Avatar
    Hammerhead, SF2, Megalodon, JJ

Boris, Sentinel, Inspiration,

Quote Originally Posted by Drmike  View Original Post
    If this is the same Tham Phet (Tam Pet) then Ive seen some pics of the waterway - looks interesting and from the discription I was previously given (most likely from the same source that you got details from :D ) a nice long (dry) cave to the water
    This pic is of the entrance to Tam sar yuan cave,

If your still up for it we can hit the Phi Phi caves end of the month?

RBW Member Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tecdivertraining  View Original Post
    This pic is of the entrance to Tam sar yuan cave,

If your still up for it we can hit the Phi Phi caves end of the month?

yup, ill book the flights,

can we squeeze in a little pillaging whilst we are there? :D

a buddha would look nice in my dinning room along with my brass and porcelain collection ive pilfered off wrecks over the years:D
    Last edited by Drmike; 10th January 2008 at 06:31.

RBW Member stuey will become famous soon enough stuey will become famous soon enough stuey will become famous soon enough stuey's Avatar
    Inspo, Evo, Poseidon

Inspo classic, Meg, Deep

Hey Matt keep up the good work with the cave exploration here in Thailand, I know you have lived in Thailand for a number of years and are well aware of the religion and culture.
    I would have kept it to.
    Mike, now I know why I can't find any brass and porcelain on the wrecks around here.
    Oh for those of you interested you can check this site out. www.thebigview.com/buddhism/index.html

John Harcus jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver's Avatar
    rEvo

Copis Megalodon

Quote Originally Posted by Drmike  View Original Post
    yup, ill book the flights,

can we squeeze in a little pillaging whilst we are there? :D

a buddha would look nice in my dinning room along with my brass and porcelain collection ive pilfered off wrecks over the years:D
    LOL...OK, point made.

John Harcus jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver's Avatar
    rEvo

Copis Megalodon

Quote Originally Posted by tecdivertraining  View Original Post
    Thought twice and still keeping it.

Judgments, interesting. You have absolutely no idea of who I am a person but thanks for your thoughts.

I have been here full time in Thailand for some years so have a good Idea of the religion and beliefs but thanks for the insight
    Wasn't intended to be a judgement, I appologize if you mistook it as such. Just think some things are intended for museums and such, for future viewing by all, but you are right, maybe that is not the fate of the artifact if turned over to some possibly unscrupulous hands.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3