+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Shearwater DEMA sneak preview

CEO-Shearwater
    bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri's Avatar
    rEvo, JJ

Meg,CCR2000,KISS,Inspo,Dolphin

Shearwater DEMA sneak preview

I have posted some pictures of the new Shearwater computer that we will be showing at DEMA. They are in the Rebreather Accessories Gallery.

I have shown several configurations. The computer can be used as a stand-alone OC/CC trimix computer, or as a fourth sensor monitor for any rebreather, or as a three sensor monitor for the Sport KISS.

The Sport KISS version is a two minute bolt on that will give you displays of all three sensors and integrated decompression. The Sport KISS doesn't have a solenoid to fire at the moment, but that may change. A kidney is available for the Classic KISS too.

Details of marketing policies and pricing will become available over the next month. Shipments will begin in January 2006.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance. It is the illusion of knowledge.
    http://www.shearwater.com

I finished it once, but.. PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

Inspiration Classic

Quote Originally Posted by bgpartri
    I have posted some pictures of the new Shearwater computer that we will be showing at DEMA. They are in the Rebreather Accessories Gallery.

I have shown several configurations. The computer can be used as a stand-alone OC/CC trimix computer, or as a fourth sensor monitor for any rebreather, or as a three sensor monitor for the Sport KISS.

The Sport KISS version is a two minute bolt on that will give you displays of all three sensors and integrated decompression. The Sport KISS doesn't have a solenoid to fire at the moment, but that may change.

Details of marketing policies and pricing will become available over the next month. Shipments will begin in January 2006.
    So, given all the above possibilities, could the Shearwater computer be used to run as replacement electronics for an Inspiration?

CEO-Shearwater
    bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri's Avatar
    rEvo, JJ

Quote Originally Posted by PeteS
    So, given all the above possibilities, could the Shearwater computer be used to run as replacement electronics for an Inspiration?
    Sorry, no. It could be used a a fourth sensor monitor, but that's all.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance. It is the illusion of knowledge.

Duvet Diver Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A's Avatar
    Bruce,
    Just a quick question, does the Kiss unit come with a HUD? From your pictures I assume it doesn't. But I reckon you'd get a load more sales if there was a HUD as well.

Simon A

CEO-Shearwater
    rEvo, JJ

Quote Originally Posted by Simon A
    Bruce,
    Just a quick question, does the Kiss unit come with a HUD? From your pictures I assume it doesn't. But I reckon you'd get a load more sales if there was a HUD as well.

Simon A
    I have had a HUD circuit board for over a year. As soon as the right packaging becomes available I will start offering it. I expect that to be very soon now that the computer is about to ship.

The HUD will be completely independent. You will be able to order the HUD without the computer.

CEO-Shearwater
    rEvo, JJ

I have received quite a few "private messages" about this post.

I would prefer that questions that you don't want to post to the forum be sent to info at rebreather.ca

RBW Member tomhanaway is on a distinguished road tomhanaway is on a distinguished road tomhanaway's Avatar
    Bruce,
    I'll post here but be glad to go to info@THATTHINGWEDIVE.ca if that's your preference. My wife and I have ordered SK's but I had a lot of indecision due to wanting certain electronics.
    So.....
    1. Computer sounds wonderful. Can I interpret your response re: HUD above to mean you plan to make one available for the sport kiss??
    2. Your initial message referenced a possible solenoid in the future for the SK. Yes?
    Made by you or Jetsam?
    Retroactive to existing SK units?

Thanks in advance,
    Tom Hanaway
    Boynton Beach, FL

CEO-Shearwater
    rEvo, JJ

Quote Originally Posted by tomhanaway
    Bruce,
    I'll post here but be glad to go to info at rebreather.ca if that's your preference.
    First, I appreciate the opportunity to answer your questions.

I am happy to answer questions on the forum. I just find the PM interface a bit cumbersome for private messages. The other reason is that if the message is to say you want to get on the list, it's easier for me to keep the list in an email folder.
    1. Computer sounds wonderful. Can I interpret your response re: HUD above to mean you plan to make one available for the sport kiss??
    I'm glad you think so. I am an active rebreather diver and I've probably owned 10 computers. This is my idea of the perfect computer for me. I love it when other people want it too.

I make circuit boards and I work with rebreather manufacturers to help me create packaging. Having said that, Gordon has told me that a HUD package is high on his list too. I have a circuit board ready. It is version 3 now and it's ready.
    2. Your initial message referenced a possible solenoid in the future for the SK. Yes?
    Made by you or Jetsam?
    My system does it now, and it will be in the Shadow Pac III at DEMA.

But the KISS doesn't have a solenoid to fire. It's not my decision whether the KISS's ever have a solenoid. I need Gordon's philosophical and mechanical support to make it happen.
    Retroactive to existing SK units?
    Yes. Although I am not in control of the entire process, I'm quite sure it will be retroactive.

PS: Could you please edit your message to get rid of my email in plain. I have found that if I put my email on my website, within a week I will start getting hundreds of SPAMS a day.

Sporty, Spritely KISSer nl_carey is an unknown quantity at this point nl_carey's Avatar
    This looks great, and the idea of a separate or integrated HUD just makes it all better! The idea of having this unit replace the SK's triple display is very tempting!

Duvet Diver Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A's Avatar
    Bruce,
    It all looks like good kit.
    cheers for the extra info, it raises a couple of extra questions!
    1) You mentioned a "list". I assume you're compiling a list of people who wish to be notified when further details/pricing is available?
    2) The Kiss/sport kiss unit has the software and functionality available to drive a solenoid. Does this mean that with the correct lead it could be used to drive a home build?

Simon A

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast