+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Hammerhead CCR Web Pages Up

Randy Thornton Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict's Avatar
    Hammerhead Sentinel Evolution

Optima Inspiration Prism 2

Re: Hammerhead CCR Web Pages Up

Draggs,

I will also say that I am very happy with the HH CCR. It will work with most harnesses and backplates. It does not come with its own. You just choose the one that meets your needs. If you already have a backplate and harness that you use for open water, I would suggest giving it a try first before you spend extra money on a new backplate and harness.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Randy

RBW Member Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jont  View Original Post
    The one complaint I have heard (sensor issue) is not as big of a deal as its being made out to be (on THIS unit)
    can you explain why its not as big a deal as its being made out to be on THIS unit?

thanks

RBW Member Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jradomski  View Original Post
    the black caps on the wire end of the cells even an internal failure will make it MUCH harder for gas to flow through the cell..
    yes the caps will help limit an internal cell leak but those caps wont help if the cell seperates at the faceplate end (which is the much bigger risk/concern) - Thats the risk that needs to be addressed. But this has been discussed already to death - still I know how much you like to spin :D

Gas will always take the path of least resistance so nothing significant should ever be able to pass through a cell..
    see above, concern is not so much thru cell leakage, concern is cell bypass by faceplate seperation - if that happens you end up with a bloody big hole!
    I put the cap/wire on an EMPTY cell body and it was quite diffiult blowing any significant gas through the cell.. (remmebr the gas has to pas from the wire side to the membrane side-- reversing this I COULD blow hard enough to pop the cap off but this could not happen in real life since the source gas side is the wire side.. (unless you blocked the exhale hose, injected gas manually from the inhale side and the scrubber was fully flooded not to allow any gas to pass thorugh it).. Take the caps off the bypass would be much easier
    again - the thru cell leaking isnt the concern - its the whole cell bypass by faceplate seperation thats the concern.

Im sure Kev will come up with a workaround - but given the limits of the existing geometry its going to be a challenge I suspect to have cells on one side and retain flow direction as an upgrade

Love the website style Kev - quite refreshing and congrats on 300 optima sales in only 18months - very cool
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Drmike; 8th April 2008 at 16:44.

RBW Censor Bait teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple's Avatar
    Mk 15.5

Mk 15, Classic & Sport KISS

Quote Originally Posted by Drmike  View Original Post
    if that happens you end up with a bloody big hole!
    Yep, a picture is worth a thousand words...

King of the Geeks
    heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude's Avatar
    HAMMERHEAD!

That picture isn't of a HH CCR, however.

Just to be clear.

Kevin Juergensen
    Juergensen Marine, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by heyydude  View Original Post
    That picture isn't of a HH CCR, however.

Just to be clear.

Kevin Juergensen
    Juergensen Marine, Inc.
    Sure, but I believe the cells are constructed in same way so assume potential is still there?

I tried to see on your pics if theres much space behind the cells to prevent a broken one falling back far enough to allow a sizeable gap between cell body and faceplate. I know in the Meg theres not a lot (but still some) room and was wondering if (although not making it fully sealed) just having some kind of packing ring that slides behind the cells so that if the faceplate parts from the cell body the packing ring will prevent it pulling back fully and may prevent gas bypass. That may be a simple fix.
    added: or perhaps some kind of simple rubber restraining strap over each cell body ?(think MK15 sphere straps) or an adjustable retaining bracket? Not fully sealed but should prevent any signif bypass i suspect. Anyway Im sure you have your own (likely better) ideas
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Drmike; 11th April 2008 at 04:45.

King of the Geeks
    heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude's Avatar
    HAMMERHEAD!

Great ideas, Mike!

Thanks for that. We're looking at several different options.

The nice thing about the HH CCR (if I do say so myself) is the modularity of the O2 Sensor Bridge - we're currently modifying it to accept the new Micropore 6" Cartridge, which will be a "bolt-on" mod for anyone who owns a HH - so you can switch from Cartridge to Sorb in a couple of minutes.

Having modularity in the system makes it easier to do updates, relying on feedback from end-users (like yourself, hopefully one-day?), and allows us to keep up with the latest technology/safety enhancements as they develop.

Kevin Juergensen
    Juergensen Marine, Inc.