+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hammerhead CCR Web Pages Up

King of the Geeks
    heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude's Avatar
    HAMMERHEAD!

Hammerhead CCR Web Pages Up

Hey All,

I finally got around to uploading the pictures and text for the new Hammerhead CCR.

You can find them HERE.

Any questions you may have can be addressed here on RBW, or to our e-mail address on the website.

Take care,

Kevin Juergensen
    Juergensen Marine, Inc.

Stéphane Acounis Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane's Avatar
    rEvo3 rMS

rEvo2 HH, rEvo1

Re: Hammerhead CCR Web Pages Up

This rebreather looks very very nicely built.
    You have made a great job Kevin and Jakub, congratulations.
    If I had to change my rEvo, I would certainly buy it. ;)

RBW Member kiwidiver will become famous soon enough kiwidiver will become famous soon enough kiwidiver will become famous soon enough kiwidiver's Avatar
    evo+,deep pursuit

nice job hard to tell from the photos but do the cells form part of the seal from scrubbed and un scrubbed gas as in the meg??

Randy Thornton Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict's Avatar
    Hammerhead Sentinel Evolution

Optima Inspiration Prism 2

Hi Kevin,

Nice presentation. Makes me even more anxious to get my hands on mine the end of next month!

Regards,
    Randy

RBW Member jakelost is an unknown quantity at this point jakelost's Avatar

Nice work there Kevin !

The pictures gets cut using Opera browser 9.24 and you can´t see the whole pictures, but works with IE.

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kiwidiver  View Original Post
    nice job hard to tell from the photos but do the cells form part of the seal from scrubbed and un scrubbed gas as in the meg??
    Looks the same from the pictures.

Looks like the pre-scrubbed gas on the outside, mix with O2 injection, go down the outside of the radial scrubber toward the inside tube, up to the sensor chamber, then thru the center tube out...
    Last edited by decoweenie; 20th December 2007 at 05:33.

RBW Member kiwidiver will become famous soon enough kiwidiver will become famous soon enough kiwidiver will become famous soon enough kiwidiver's Avatar
    evo+,deep pursuit

maybe some one can explain the gas path but if it is the cells forming the barrier seems pointless to me.

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

No, that's been tried. ;)

Add-ited: Stepped right into it with that one.
    Didn't think anyone else would use that design ... ... actually didn't even occur to me.
    Apologies.
    Last edited by caveseeker7; 20th December 2007 at 17:46.

evo+,deep pursuit

so what has been tried stephan?????

Mature mouth breather silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running's Avatar
    Prism

Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by decoweenie  View Original Post
    Looks the same from the pictures.

Looks like the pre-scrubbed gas on the outside, mix with O2 injection, go down the outside of the radial scrubber toward the inside tube, up to the sensor chamber, then thru the center tube out...

So am I to understand that:

The HH is an out-in flow radial?

And that an out-in flow design also means the O2 cells are more likely placed in a such a way as to incidentally function as a barrier between inhaled and exhaled gas?

If this is true then firstly, why would you want to have your exhaled breath and the reaction front of the scrubber nearest the cold water instead of in the middle, where both your exhaled breath/body heat and the scrubber reaction are further away from the cold water and thus better insulated?

And why, given the less than perfect construction of most O2 cells, would you allow them to function as any kind of a barrier between inhale and exhaled gas?

What am I missing here?